The joys of getting old..... At 44!!!! Lol

tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 29. Oct 2012, 06:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, I hope everyone is as well as can be..

Well, I went to have mi eyes tested as I knew it needed doing. I'm there thinking, prescription might have changed a little not as it's three yrs since I had em done.. And they are worse...
I just wear them for trading, pc etc.... Not any more :shock:
I've now to wear them for reading, pc etc but a fairly stronger script, and driving etc, distance prescription has gone from none existant to having to wear them, with tints as my eyes a quite sensitive to light, the pressure was high... AND..... I'VE GOT A BLOODY CATARACT... That's in the right eye and there's probably one forming in the left :roll: :lol::lol:
Getting old, great fun innit? :o:lol:
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    44 is young for cataracts I would have thought, but at least they have been spotted early. Are they going to remove them? My neighbour had one removed and she was absolutely fine afterwards.

Many, many years ago my Nan had them when she was in her 80's and she was adamant she wasn't going to have them surgically removed. She saw a faith healer and they disappeared! Can't explain how :roll: .

Janet x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello Tony
    yes i've been told i have a cateract in one eye i've been wearing glasses since i was 7 years old i'm 71 now.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I remember hearing that dread phrase 'It's your age.' from my optician about ten years ago. :roll: I don't think anything about being human improves with age: your bones crumble, your teeth rot, your hair falls out, your skin wrinkles, toenails thicken to concrete making them impossible to cut (not that you can bend down to get at them anyhoo), your eyesight fails, you can't taste things properly, can't smell 'em properly and you start telling people how old you are. My Ma's been squawking 'I'm 89 you know' at various people - why? Is that how you know you're properly old when you start telling people how old you are? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Tony
    She is a little ray of sunshine ....isnt she :lol::lol:
    Seriously.....I wear glasses for reading now but not for driving any longer.
    I've had both cataracts done and it was great. The grass was greener, but the wrinkles were more obvious and the dust!!!!! well I didnt know there was so much :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    I'M 44 YOU KNOW :lol:
    Yes, sooooooo much to look forward to.. Haha
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    I'm glad that it has helped hun..
    I know there's hope for me yet haha :lol::wink:

hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Tony
    She is a little ray of sunshine ....isnt she :lol::lol:
    Seriously.....I wear glasses for reading now but not for driving any longer.
    I've had both cataracts done and it was great. The grass was greener, but the wrinkles were more obvious and the dust!!!!! well I didnt know there was so much :lol::lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh bless Tony...eyes are very precious has you know so I am glad you had them tested....44 you are just a baby... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Thats so true Tony.....still a baby :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    lol.. I wish I felt that way :lol:
    Eeeh, never mind eh? At least they spotted the problem early so I'm aware of it and suppose I can keep it under check... I did wonder why that eye in particular was so watery and blurry all the time. Next on the list.. Hearing aids and false teeth :lol: I shouldn't laugh too much as I am partially deaf :shock: I blame the nightclubs lol
    Thank you all for replying. Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    WooHoo! Tony! That is young to have a cataract in my eyes! (OOPPS pardon the pun! :lol: ) I usually associate cataracts with grannys not a spring chicken like you Tony! Thats a nightmare! So are you going to have them removed? And as for opticians, my last visit was the 1st time in 2 visits my eye's had got worse and I needed a stronger pescription. But everytime I go I end up getting new frames. I'm terrible I like to look good and have trendy glasses! I have a funny story about my OH & the opticians but will save that for another day! :wink: