blood pressure up with dosulepin

knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 16. Jun 2013, 00:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Posted during the week my doctor had taken me off amitriptyline because it had sent my blood pressure up and prescribed 25mg of dosulepin instead to help me sleep. Didn't sleep much the first night, but Friday night slept for 9.1/2 hours and through the wind and rain that kept hubby awake. But after taking them just for two nights my blood pressure shot up again. Oddly though, I didn't just feel refreshed after a long deep sleep I felt as if I was having a legal "high". Hadn't had so much energy for ages and my brain was buzzing. Didn't dare take a capsule last night. Can only assume my daily dose of thyroxine makes me super sensitive to a low dose of antidepressants. Goodness knows what would happen if I was depressed and had to take a higher dose :roll: .

Janet xx

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    HI Janet
    I read your previous post.....I think its back to the GP again :roll: and try something else.

Love
    Hileena
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    I agree with hileena
    A trip back to your GPs is in order
    Lowering salt in foods and use of ginger may help but your GP has the knowledge regarding your condition and how to care and monitor your BP asan ex nurse I'm very cautious of just trying diet etc for lowering your BP as there are many other reasons for suffering from hypertension
    Let us know how you get on
    Maria
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    What a shame Janet.

I have to agree with the others too.....advice needs to be taken form a medical person :?

Hope he/she can help

Love

Toni xxx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Wow 9 1/2 hrs ... I was on 150mg a night n never slept for more than 3!!Lol So with that in mind I must agree with everyone else, pop back & talk to ure GP & get the advice you need from them.

Good luck.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    Just checking to see how you are
    Did you go back to the doctors?
    Maria