Enbrel and mood swings...

Options
km89
km89 Member Posts: 32
edited 29. Oct 2012, 05:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've been on Enbrel for about a year now to treat my RA, but recently I've been noticing that I've been having major mood swings, even my family have noticed how bad its been getting. One moment I'm really active and feel impulsive to go out and do random things and then the next minute I feel really irritable and down and can't be bothered to do anything. As I said, may family has noticed these mood swings happening quite a lot and I think they're a bit concerned, my Mum even think I need counselling...
I don't think I've ever felt so out of control of my moods before as I'm usually quite a happy, laid back, content person.
So I was wondering whether anybody else has experienced these types of mood swings before when on Enbrel or any other similar drug, or is it just me? Surely I should be feeling amazing now that my condition is basically under control, something which took a long time to get right.

Any replies would be much appreciated as I don't know whether this is a common side effect or something else...
Thanks,
Katie

Comments

• deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Can't help with the embrel hun but I do think that when you have fought to get something under control for a long time thats all you seem to concentrate on and then when you have reached your goal all your emotions that you didn't have time to express come flooding out and perhaps that is whats happening to you now. I'm sure things will get back on track but if you feel you need a helping hand to get there then please speak to your gp.

Take care Dee x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This sounds quite serious, I think you need to go and see your GP and discuss this with him. These meds are strong and can do all sorts of things to us so at the very least you need to make one doctor aware that this is happening to you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I've never taken enbrel but I do think you should get this checked out. Maybe ring your rheumatology helpline or, as DD suggests, your GP.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright