OT Assessment

wall1409
wall1409 Member Posts: 294
edited 30. Oct 2012, 12:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Folks

Been putting off getting help and trying to be as independant as possoble but a fall in the bedroom the another in the bathroom made me rethink. Had OT out today, she was brilliant, getting rails upstairs a rail on my bed and a battery operated bath lift.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Wall

Hope you are ok after your fall, that's fab you are getting help hopefully will make things a bit easier for you............tc................Marie
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,150
    So pleased you are getting the help you need.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,159
    A good idea to get OT in. Yes, they are brilliant. Think of it as a means of retaining independence rather than losing it. As for the bath lift - do ensure the battery is fully charged every time. Mine doesn't retain the charge well so I have to leave it permanently plugged in and switched on. If I do that it's fine.
    "The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain." Kahlil Gibran
  • wall1409
    Thanks for replies folks, going for an MRI at 6:20pm, hopefully will get results when I see Physio on 01/11 up to now they are saying its OA of the spine but my feet, hands and hips are also giving me some greif and a lot of inflammation. How do you find the bath lift, is it ok?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,045
    Hi Wall
    I am so glad you are getting some help,I am one of those that keeps putting it off...mind you I got a wheelchair...for holidays and outings and its has been a big help.
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • wall1409
    Hi Barbara, my hubby bought me a mobility scooter for my 50th birthday this year, second hand but without I wouldnt get out. Thanks for the response , so please I found this site, I no longer feel alone with this.

Wendy xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    you're definitely not alone hun.. This site is great..
    I'm really pleased that the OT have been and sorted some things for you.. Hope they help a great deal :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP