What's it all about?

JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 30. Oct 2012, 11:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Not sure where to begin really.......

A very dear old friend of mine sadly lost her OH on saturday night.........he was killed by a car after a night out............they had been out together,and she had gone home ahead in a cab,he wanted the walk in the air........neither were to know it had been their last ever evening together :-(

I am beyond sad that my dear friend has lost her OH........and just so gobsmacked to have it brought home to me so vilely that things can change forever in the blink of an eye

:-(

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's really tragic. It must be an awful time for your friend, full of what if's. I am sure she will need your support over the next few months.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    My heart goes out to you and your friend,i am so very sorry.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Julia
    I am so sorry , like you say things can change with in the blink of an eye...and the older I get the more I think of it....my dear friend lost her son a few years ago..he was 9.. on his way home from school and was hit by a car...It was then I thought you don't know what today will being..just has well eh xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Julia,

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss and it must be so hard for you too. Some things that happen seem so cruel and senseless, it's difficult to find the words, but I'm sure your friend will appreciate your support.

Hugs to you both,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry, Julia. These things come as a huge shock all round. There is no preparing for them. (())
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Sorry to hear this julia you are so right we do not know what any day will bring it so frightening. my est wishes to you and your friend.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awe Julia that is so sad, it is hard enough to take when it is someone terminally ill that is taken, but when it is a tragic situation like this it is a bitter pill to swallow, my thoughts with you and your friend thinking of you both.......tc......Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think it's just as well we don't know when these things will happen. Your poor friend and poor you, what a shock. Ye gods. Life is so fragile. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I'm very sorry, that is so sad, and what a shock for you all.
    Numpty
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Oh Julia, that is so sad, your poor friend. I often used to say, "wish I had a crystal ball" but when you hear something like this, I'm glad I dont have one xx
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    oh julie how sad i am so sorry for you all
    georgie