mikes R update

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 31. Oct 2012, 15:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi people , still driving and boy do I love it , today got a call from the car company telling me that my car is due a service and could I bring it up to ballyrobert , told her hope I find it as it will be my first time coming up there .

I have tried to find a route by using google maps but it was no use cant find one dreading it . just hope the sat nav works well that day .

hazel is in a lot of pain in her back the mri showed a lot of wear and tear.

mike JR never complains about his leg, but I can see it in his face he is in pain.
all the best
mike R & Hazel &Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mike have you got a post code for the garage?, and what about Google street view?, I've used it to find my mates house in Swindon the other month, Google maps showed the post code for an area near his place but I knew it was wrong so I went to satelite and looked for a house with a swimming pool in the back garden as I knew he had one, when I found it I then went to street view and from the street I could see his car parked on his drive!, I also used street view to check out the junctions I would need to take to get there and it worked a treat.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Mike

Glad you are still enjoying driving and I am sure if you take Mellmans advice you will find your way easily.

Good luck
    Love Juliepf x
  • mike77
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Mike have you got a post code for the garage?, and what about Google street view?, I've used it to find my mates house in Swindon the other month, Google maps showed the post code for an area near his place but I knew it was wrong so I went to satelite and looked for a house with a swimming pool in the back garden as I knew he had one, when I found it I then went to street view and from the street I could see his car parked on his drive!, I also used street view to check out the junctions I would need to take to get there and it worked a treat.
    I was on a scouting trip to find the car company and guess what I found it , goolge map was giving out the wrong address the car company had moved , the sat nav lead me down a dead end kept on saying "TO A U TURN" and when I did "IT SAID IT AGAIN ,in the end went to a car shop and asked the way , and bingo I found it .

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mike
    Im so glad you are enjoying the driving...it must make such a difference for all of you...good for you finding the garage..
    I am sorry Hazel is suffering, bless.. would she not like to come on here, then we could offer some support.
    Love to all of you xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sat-navs are not all they are cracked up to be, don't rely on it too much Mike. A young girl was killed recently driving through a red light because her sat-nav was telling her to go straight on.

I am so pleased you are enjoying your driving, it is fun isn't it? I am so sorry to read that Hazel is not doing too well and as for your lad, what a brave chap he is. What about you, Mike? How are YOU? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mike77
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Sat-navs are not all they are cracked up to be, don't rely on it too much Mike. A young girl was killed recently driving through a red light because her sat-nav was telling her to go straight on.

I am so pleased you are enjoying your driving, it is fun isn't it? I am so sorry to read that Hazel is not doing too well and as for your lad, what a brave chap he is. What about you, Mike? How are YOU? DD
    you are right sat navs can be telling you the wrong way to go , I have my good days and bad days , the good days are when the sun warms my bones :):):) thank you for asking everybody says " its great to see you up and about without youre scooter" inside I feel like crying out I am in pain here , let me sit down awhile " but I just smile and say thanks and carry on my way .

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    ps ? hazel says thanks for asking about her
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mike77
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Mike
    Im so glad you are enjoying the driving...it must make such a difference for all of you...good for you finding the garage..
    I am sorry Hazel is suffering, bless.. would she not like to come on here, then we could offer some support.
    Love to all of you xxx

hazel said thank you for asking about me , I have my Secretary here he can type I can also but hate the mouse and anyway sure he is fast at typing

(hazel hear) I am going to my rheumy on Monday , they say the same thing when I am there "sorry I cant do much for you but only give you painkillers
    thank you again

Mike R & Hazel & mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR