Sore Tailbone ?

lazicat
lazicat Member Posts: 177
edited 31. Oct 2012, 14:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ive got OA in hips & pain in lower spine & my tailbone is so sore , finding it hard to sit. Does anyone else suffer with this ?
I mentioned it to my GP who wasnt very interested,

Comments

• Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    This is very common with any back/hip problem. That's why your gp wasn't interested.
    The only thing to do is try and make sitting/lying more comfortable. Sitting on piece of foam, cushion etc; can help. It's one of those annoying sidelines of old arthur. A small hottie bottle/heat pad placed at the base of your back when very sore is soothing. Other people prefer to ice the area.
    You can also buy a back wedge, which has a hole for the coxyx for in the car or a chair that can be helpful. Joy
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Hello Lazicat

I suffer with this as well and i have OA in my lumber spine.

It can be very painful, i find it worse if i have to sit on a hard chair for any length of time....then rising is agony.

I tend to sit sideways on the sofa with my legs up at the side to ease the pressure.

I think those round cushions with the hole in the middle are meant tohelp..but i;v not used one.
  • lazicat
    lazicat Member Posts: 177
    Thanks again , wish my GP had actually told me it was normal.