Very rude boy cats...help!!

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 1. Nov 2012, 15:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Does anybody know what you do if you have two cats (siblings to make this worse) and they are too young for spaying/ castrating but the boy cat starts having rude thoughts and trying to do naughty things to his sister?! So far, she is having none of it and either thinks it is prelude to a play fight or really isn't impressed...not sure how long that may last for though. I'm shocked :o they are only 17 weeks old, I've caught him twice this afternoon!
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    He's doing what comes naturally and so is she. How soon before they can both be 'done'? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    Another month! That said, he is rather well endowed for one so young so maybe sooner, hopefully sooner!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've consulted my sister, a (retired) animal nurse. She worked in the same, very good, practice all her life until she retired 13 years ago. She tells me they used to do females at 18 weeks and males at 6 months (I know. I know. It's male world, LV) but, if the female comes into season before this, the males will try it on. She suggests ringing the vet as, in the circumstances, a vet might be happy to 'do' her and it probably wouldn't matter if she was marginally pregnant at the time. (The cat, not the vet :wink: ) I wish you luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you so much Sticky, that is very much appreciated advice! I'll contact the rescue centre who are organising all that in the morning and see if we can get that sorted. I don't want kittens and babies to deal with! LV xx
  • LignumVitae
    Hi Sticky

I got in touch with the rescue who remember Dizzy's well endowed status (most men would love to be remembered like my cat is). They are both being booked in for next friday on the basis that they are probably mature enough and if not, we will just have to take them home again. Seems reasonable and very reassuring to me!

Thank you

LV xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That sounds like a result. I'm very pleased though I expect he'll sulk a bit :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    From my experience it will be her who sulks - obviously much more invasive for the girl than the boy. The boy cats seem not to even notice!

As an aside, my male dog was awfully well endowed - I had him done because I thought they were obscene! ;) :oops: He didn't even notice. Except he can now lie on his side without them being in the way, pre removal he lay on his back mostly, ugh!