US elections

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 7. Nov 2012, 20:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now I know it's not us that are voting but what goes on in the US always feeds back to us, so who do you want to win their elections?, personally I really hope Obama gets it, Romney looks like a cross between Ronald Regan and Max headroom, he's also got eyes that say there's somone in but their not the full shilling so don't you dare ring the door bell.
Obama has only had 4 years to try and put the mess left by Texan rattle snake G W Bush so really needs another term at least and I fear even that won't do it totally, my big fear if Romney wins he will do what repuplican president's always like to do and that's to invade or bomb another country for a bit of sport, it would probably be Iran this time round which I also feel would be a big mistake, Iran is to powerful now so there needs to be a calm hand on the healm Obama is a thinker so fits the bill in my book. God help us all if he doesn't win.

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I also hope Obama wins. Romney frightens me but then so did Bush and we survived his time as president.I think Israel have their eye on Iran and agree Obama comes across as more likely to keep calm in a crisis.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm definitely in the Obama camp and not only because he has a face that looks real and doesn't invariably bear a vacuous grin. I see Florida's up to its usual tricks.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What kind of a name is Mitt? Can anyone really take someone with a name like that seriously? He has a didgy past plus a very shaky grasp of many things - look at the gaffes he made when he was over here pre-Olympics. Barack (stress the 'rack' bit and it's a great name) seems to be more clued-up and it takes time to put right the wrongs of a previous administration (look at us for a start) let alone complicating matters with a world-wide recession. Go Obama, go away Romney. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Our office bosses are voting for Obama , some votes have already come in this morning , sorry was not listening , so cannot update .

Fowls
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    it is Obama for us here,
    and for my family in usa...
    georgie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mell I really do hope Obama gets in..I think like you hes needs more time to do what is needed, he also know what it is like to be poor, unlike Romney..he is a bit too slick for my liking....fingers crossed
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Ewww Mitt, are people really going to vote for Mitt? Are any women going to vote for Mitt? Surely Obama is the only real option?!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    hi everyone, hope youre all okay, not been around much but smiled at mells resume!
    well i cant wait while the thing is over so can watch some uk news on sky freeview news instead of them acting like auditioning for a pantomine and hogging the programme!!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Phew! I feel like I've woken up to a slightly safer world than I could have done this morning.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Aaaaaaaand relax :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wonderful news.... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He's the best of the two choices but he has a great deal to do now if he is to convince people of his worth. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    All I can say now is

PHEW!!!!!

:shock:

that were a bit close :wink:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 7. Nov 2012, 12:27
    Options
    Thank [text deleted] for that I was having nightmares Romney had won and Sarah Palin was vice president!.
    PS I stayed up till 3am to watch it and there were 3 counts that came in that made the compares gasp as it was Obama who'd won them, I then went to bed feeling like a child again, knowing that tomorrow would be Chrsitmas, and when I woke up I turned the radio on and bingo it was!.
  • lynn57buckingham
    lynn57buckingham Member Posts: 24
    Options
    I am pleased Obama has won. I believe he has a good heart, and that he really does care about the people.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Mell,

Yep it could have been a whole lot worse lol. Hope your keeping ok and leaving you a cuppa Cris xx