Met an inspirational little boy

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 8. Nov 2012, 16:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Today I went with my neighbour to school..she is a teaching assistant..and I mind her little dog now and then
What I didnt know was there is a little boy with JLA..when he was little around 4 he started with infected arthritis in his hip and his mum nearly lost him..he is now 7...on seeing the little man struggling..I thought how awful to be in pain at that age, so he asked me what was wrong with my legs, I had my sticks with me...so I told him and bless he is going to make me better, I have to meet him and his mum once a week and he is taking me for a walk, he says it will help and I believe him.
He has the darkest blue eyes I have ever seen, he walks with a frame and says if I get tired I can borrow it...I have fallen in love :D
Love
Barbara

Comments

• knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Barbara, he sounds an adorable and delightful little boy. But what a shame he is pain at such a tender age. Sometimes life just isn't fair on the young!

Hope you can meet him for a walk, it will make his day.

Janet xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh bless him Barbara, and offering his frame to you as well. It does seem so wrong that little ones like him should have to suffer the way he does. And he can still keep bright and cheerful. Makes me feel ashamed that I have a moan at times. The special school H goes to has children there with arthur who have already had hip replacements ect.
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh Janet and Karen...he is adorable..he said he will show me how to walk then it doesn't hurt...I have promised him I will be there next week, then he can give me some advice.....god do I wish I had a magic wand...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Ah bless him Barbara

I am so glad you made such a sweet little friend - aren't kids the best thing?

Welling up though at him suffering pain :(

You never know 'helping' you might just help him too

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    No wonder you're in love, Barbara. I think I would be too.

The little ones at my RDA group were amazing. They were, for the most part, totally lacking in self-pity and just wanting to get on with life. And, once they got on a horse, they could do far more than I could.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Oh Barbara, he sounds like a little star.
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Toni, SW, and Numpty
    I will make sure I go on that walk next week, mind you dont think I will be using hid frame...its diddy :) ....we can learn so much off kids....xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe Barbara bless his little cotton socks, what a little sweetheart, have had a few tears, it is so unfair on one so young.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

Wow he sounds like a lovely lad and I so hope he is being treated properly as well?

Hope the world is treating you ok and this lot send the useual slurps, barks, yowls and rummaging for custard creams. Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah, he sounds like the young love of my life. I'm coaching an 8 year old boy who has cerebral palsy. He is obssessed with football, goes riding and swimming, is so gutsy and determined he shames me with my little aches and pains. He also has the most beguiling smile and is as stubborn as a mule. He doesn't see himself as different in any way to anyone else and is determined to be a paralympian when he grows up. I have no doubt he will. He is occasionally in pain and has to spend at least one hour a day in his stretching frame (which looks like some form of torture equipment - he asures me it is but tolerates it as that is the only time he is allowed un-interrupted access to his PlayStation).

He fell down the last few stairs at home the other day, to make matters worse his stick landed on his head (causing complete humiliation his mum reported to me) but he insisted on going to school. Needless to say he had to come home and be taken to A&E where all was pronounced well but early bed and lots of rest was prescribed. He was so shaken he did exactly that.

He has a twin sister who is fine.

Enjoy your walk Barbara - it's amazing what we can learn from our juniors! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Marie and Cris
    I love this little boy to pieces...I have 3 GDs now but this was something different..its so hard to explain..
    Marie you are right it is totally unfair and I would gladly have his pain...
    Cris its lovely to see you posting...I do think about you.... what a lovely family you have now...it gets bigger every time I look...thanks so much for the slurps...
    The little boy has a really good consultant, so I dont worry on that...he has changed my view on life I will tell you xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi DD sorry I didnt see you there..
    It so good to watch these children and how they deal with pain and life in itself...suppose we lose it along the way ....but its surprising by being with him brought out my fighting spirit.
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh it does, they do make you think and re-evaluate. For both our lads it's what they know and so they just get on with it. I feel for the parents who know the risks, perils and pitfalls of treatments etc but the children are blissfully unaware of all that. I remember that from my own childhood. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Barbara, It is so aweful a young boy has to suffer like adults do! And to see them suffering breaks your heart in to pieces and makes you want to help them take the pain away for them. He sounds so adoreable wanting to teach you how to walk. It will be interesting to see what he does to teach you how to walk!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    What a lovely little boy Barbara. You do find with children they are so much more positive with their illnesses.

Enjoy your walks together,

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, dear Barbara, your message brought tears to my eyes. You will make this little man feel so important to be "looking after" you. Bless!
    I believe you two will get on very well together and help each other.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks Elizabeth and Elna
    Elizabeth he is one positive little boy and sooo funny
    Elna I cant wait to chat to him again,I wish he lived next door to me...it was only him asking about my stick that got us chatting...but I do love that he is going to show me how to walk then it doesn't hurt..and he should know xx
    Love
    Barbara