Hubby asleep - oh no!

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 9. Nov 2012, 09:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just caught hubby asleep on the settee with a cup of tea in his hand. A few years ago I walked in the door and caught him frantically pulling off the loose covers and mopping up the floor and I asked him what he was doing. He replied something like "er, spilt my coffee :oops: ". Our son was helping him to mop up and said "Dad went to sleep with the mug in his hand".
Since then I have been on the alert in case it happened again :roll: .
He had been out trail riding today and he always falls asleep when he gets in, but he usually makes it up to the bath first.

Janet x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah, been there, seen that and often mopped up after. It's amazing how easily they wake as soon as the cup or glass is removed from their slack digits. I no longer bother as I want a new sofa. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Men are terrible for falling asleep on sofa's! I can go one better than a mug of coffee! My OH fell a sleep with a cigarette in his hand! :o It was only because I came through the front door and caught him and he woke up that I everted a terrible accident! :shock: I always remind him of it when he tries to blackmail me! I will admit I fall asleep while reading or even lately I have fell asleep while on the laptop! Just a couple of days ago I feel asleep watching the telly! It was only because of this flare up I woke up and saw the time is was just after 1.30am! So I turned it off without the OH knowing!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Janet this just reminds me of my OH ...I am so glad there are others...I go to bed and leave him with a cuppa balance on his tummy...yeah there is plenty of room...so I always say please be careful with that..of course I will ...why on earth has every shirt got tea stain on it them... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara