slimming world

Options
gilly1957
gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
edited 15. Nov 2012, 04:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have decided that after christmas I am going to join slimming world.....my GP is arranging for me to have exercise on prescription so thought I'd give it all ago.

At the mo i can walk only a tiny distance and standing is agony so hopefully it will help ( OA in lumber spine).

I have looked at SW website and it looks good.

Does or has anyone else belonged to this group? :)

Comments

• kat
    kat Member Posts: 23
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gilly,

I used to go slimming world and it worked really well for me. I found that I could still eat most of the foods I loved and still lost weight. There is also lots of tasty recipes too.

Hope you like it. X
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Gilly

I have been to SW in the past and lost a lot of weight, as Kat said you can eat a lot of the foods you like and still lose weight, just make sure you write everything down that you eat so you can keep on track, good luck if you decide to go and keep us updated with your journey..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • gilly1957
    Options
    Thank u 4 your replies.

Marie i'l do some updates when i start, going to get christmas out the way first lol :)
  • ketysmith
    ketysmith Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello I am very pleased with SW i hope to help you and to you. Good luck
  • RosieGlow
    RosieGlow Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Hello Gilly,

I too have OA in my lower back, and decided to lose weight earlier this year. 25th March to be precise. There was a thread here at the time, with people supporting each other, but it seems to have been lost in the mists of time.

Anyhooooo......I have now lost 3 stone 2lbs, and I`m chuffed to little mintballs!! I didn`t go to a slimming club, just stuck to 1,300 calories a day, eating pretty much whatever I wanted to. I also started using my exercise bike. Five minutes to start with, building up to thirty minutes a day. I am able to walk further now before the pain really kicks in, whereas before I couldn`t walk at all without pain.

Good luck to you........Rosie.x.

PS. What`s "exercise on prescription" by the way?
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Blimey, Rosieglow, that's brilliant! Well done! It just shows what determination can do and I'm so pleased it's had the desired result on you joints. Excellent work!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Gilly
    I joint a slimming world group in september and it has worked well for me as as already been said you can eat most things as long as they are cooked in the right way. Ive now lost 1st 9lbs since the 18th September.
    I wish you luck when you decided to start. and if I can help you in any way please ask.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • gilly1957
    Options
    Hello Rosie

Well done you, not surprised you are so proud of yourself.

Its good to hear its helped with the OA in your back, mines so painful at mo.

"exercise on prescription" Is where your GP or practice nurse can put you forward to be accessed, then get 12 weeks exercise for a reduced fee, I think there's choices like gym or swimming etc I'l have to see when i get my appointment.

An exercise bike sounds good, I might have a look around for one.

Turbogran thank you, slimming world sounds good, I'l definatly join after christmas.

You have done so well in a short space of time.

Thank you everyone for messages x :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Well done Rosie :D

and Gilly all the best of luck for you - fingers crossed you WILL succeed :wink:

and Carol - that a rapid weight loss you've acheived in such a short time. Really makes you want to carry on doesn't it?

love and luck to all of you

Toni xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    No Sorry Gilly

But i wish you all the best , keep us updated i may even join myself .

Fowls xx