Son said "get off Mum"

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 15. Nov 2012, 09:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Even though my 29 year old son still lives at home, we don't see much of him due to work and girl friend commitments. So on Sunday when he was at home for most of the day I gave him a hug and said it was nice to see him and what did he say to me "get off Mum". I put on my most hurt face and wiped pretend tears from my eyes. He said "only joking Mum". To which I replied "you did only want a walnut for Christmas?" :lol:

Why is it sons don't like being hugged by their mum?

Janet x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm lucky. I have a couple of huggers. They've always been touchy-feely and the eldest, as cricket captain, has always put an arm round fellow team members when giving instructions or imparting the bad news of "I'm giving you a rest now and letting the spinners have a go." I had a wonderful afternoon huggy session with his 3 yr old before we came away from there last time.

Maybe once he's left home yours'll be more into it, Janet.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He's a bloke. My husband, though huggy with me, would only grudgingly give his late mum a hug. He's regretting that reluctance now, when it's too late. Does he ever give you a spontaneous hug? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    He did once some years ago DD. He is 6 foot something and he hugged me so tightly that I put my neck out :lol: and had to go to the osteopath to have it put back into place.

Janet x
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    He sounds very blokey...maybe the memory of his dangerous hug has stayed with him or maybe he thought that was a big enough hug to last all these years. My brother isn't huggy either but then he never did the sporting things like Sticky's son so that may have added to his lack of hugginess. Mr LV is a big softie though, most people struggle to escape his hugs (part of his charm in my book).
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    I have two sons, one is huggier than the other and always seems to know when I need a hug, my grandsons are huggy too

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    I get a hugg from my 14 year old son after hes got what he wants :shock: but he does give huggs unexpectedly xxx

Fowls xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Nah neither do my girls Fowls.....

Except when they are 'in love' then they even love ME :wink: