Badoo - be wary.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 15. Nov 2012, 09:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
If you receive a message from this group be wary. They sent me an email recently telling me that a friend had left a message for me. I ignored it, thinking that if my firend wanted to contact me he would. Yesterday I received another one telling me that if I didn't pick up this message it would be deleted. Being not very computery I clicked on the bit that said get my message (or somesuch) to discover that I had to give my name, DOB, email etc before they would show me the message. They also mentioned Badoo International Training but only gave a UK postal address. Alarm bells began to gently clang so I didn't go any further, I've contacte my mate instead. I've left badoo's emails on my 'puter.

I then googled them today to discover that they are a social networking site who send out these 'You've a message from . . . . ' when in fact you don't. They don't sound a pleasant organisation so please, please, don't give them your details. I think that if you do they then have access to your contacts list and spam all your friends using your name. No wonder their members register was clickiing up and up as I watched. Be wary, please. DD

PS They also say that if you want no further contact from them then 'click here' (in blue). I would suggest not. I will delete their stuff now.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks for that DD. Mig
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I NEVER open any txt's or e mails I get from people or companies (we get the odd bank one) that me or my phone book doesn't know, like you say if they want you they will get in touch with you, Also be carful of simple message txt's they can be quite basic and still be a scam.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I'd never heard of Badoo either so I googled them and they are apparently notorious.

I always use the golden rule of never clicking on anything unless I'm 100% sure of the sender.

I thought the old scam of 'click here to unsubscribe' had gone out with the internet ark.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Badoo

they even SOUND bad DD

I will be extra vigilant

Thanks

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Thank you DD
    i will look out for that.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    i have had the same a while ago DD and if i remember i had a terrible tme trying to get it deleted from my laptop, everytime i thought they were gone they pop back up again, i eventually got rid of them but can't remember how, hope you don't have the same problem...............marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles