School Run Parents & Their God Given Right To Park Anywhere.

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 20. Nov 2012, 10:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I live in a cul-de-sac near a primary school. It does get busy and most times it isnt aur neighn issue but some of the attitudes of the mums (sorry dont see many dads) shocks me....My parents met a neighbour yesterday and he told me this which i think is shocking...
Two doors up from us is getting his roof re-done so his jeep and campervan is out in cul-de-sac. Next door to him is a man who has lived here for well over 50years and is mild mannered, very nice....He walked out of his house and went on pavement on other side, school traffic was there and one was up on pavement, he must have brushed the vehicle with his jacket/arm and the mother shouted out at him saying he had broken her wingmirror - he hadnt it was already damaged....She then began to tell him "go away old man, leave me alone old man" (the guy is just over 53) and went on screaming at him.....The next day our neighbour was just standing at his window and said mum again parked oppoiste his house and shouted to the roofers "look after my car so that old man doesnt damage it?", they of course took nothing to do with her...
What is upsetting about this is the neighbour is a gentle sort, wouldnt do anyone any harm and this is stressing him out a lot...He has contacted school who only issued general mesage to parents to be considerate..He is contacting county council but that may end up in yellow lines which will affect all of us in the cul-de-sac....Its such a shame and i hate to say it but too often these mums come in and they dont consider that we live here, leave scant room to maneovre and if you ask them to move we get dirty looks, abuse (I myself had a woman warned many years ago when she blocked the drive and I asked her to move, police issued her a warning)....
If I was fit id personally find out who she was and give her a bit of grief myself as cant do with what I see as agggressive and bullying behaviour...What an example to set your kids eh??

Elainexxx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The letters come thick and fast from my daughters school (she walks) listing the incidents usually about parents parking over drives or parking on the zig zags but the last one said a parent reversed into a wall and then drove off. They have a voluntary one way system,permit parkingand a traffic warden is always there to check but it doesn't seem to stop the problem.

Its a shame your neighbour has experienced such ill manners and maybe the yellow lines will be a solution but it can cause problems such as the in-laws have found as they have received a couple of parking tickets for parking outside their house and falling foul of the regulations.

Anyway none of us will be able to afford cars in the near future :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxKzwcpTSU

maybe this is the solution.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elaine they have just started to fine people at my youngest GC school...they have had lots of warnings...but have not listened....I would hate to live nearby, what gets me some of them live just a 2 min walk away..now you got me going :roll: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Options
    My oldest son is 33 and youngest 23 and this issue was going on when they were at primary school......the parents used to park on the zigzag lines outside school, bugger anyone who was walking and needed to cross the road, as long as they could park directly outside school and their kids were ok there attitude was bugger anyone else......most of them lived closer to the school than me and we walked.....

It still happens outside my grandsons school.....

Rant over lol
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

The school ought to take more responsibility for this I think after all if I was rude to people outside my place of work in the car park id be in trouble....What makes me laugh is the vehicles they come in big 4 x 4's and space carriers to carry a football team!....I understand the need to pick up kids but some live a stones throw away and still drive here...

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    The letters come thick and fast from my daughters school (she walks) listing the incidents usually about parents parking over drives or parking on the zig zags but the last one said a parent reversed into a wall and then drove off. They have a voluntary one way system,permit parkingand a traffic warden is always there to check but it doesn't seem to stop the problem.

Its a shame your neighbour has experienced such ill manners and maybe the yellow lines will be a solution but it can cause problems such as the in-laws have found as they have received a couple of parking tickets for parking outside their house and falling foul of the regulations.

Anyway none of us will be able to afford cars in the near future :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxKzwcpTSU

maybe this is the solution.

Elizabeth x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

Some people go too far and this is a good example of why they should be stopped before they go too far....Its bullying and aggressive, also had he really broken her wingmirror wouldnt she have reported it to the police? See me id give a gobful back and wouldnt let them see i was a walkover but he is stressing out majorly over this...

Elainexx

barbara12 wrote:
    Elaine they have just started to fine people at my youngest GC school...they have had lots of warnings...but have not listened....I would hate to live nearby, what gets me some of them live just a 2 min walk away..now you got me going :roll: xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Gilly

Said it before but what an example to set kids, how to break the law and have scant regard for other people....

Elainexx
    gilly1957 wrote:
    My oldest son is 33 and youngest 23 and this issue was going on when they were at primary school......the parents used to park on the zigzag lines outside school, bugger anyone who was walking and needed to cross the road, as long as they could park directly outside school and their kids were ok there attitude was bugger anyone else......most of them lived closer to the school than me and we walked.....

It still happens outside my grandsons school.....

Rant over lol
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    *** he is stressing out majorly over this...***

Poor man, he must be really shaken up about this.

A few weeks back I refused to give a group of kids back their football after they kept kicking it at my windows and into my garden (breaking a few of the feeders I had hanging up) I had repeatedly asked them to stop or go somewhere else, anyway, after my refusal to give it back I had the 'mother at my door shouting at me then ending up telling me to 'get a life'!!

I hope your neighbour is ok.

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Nora

See if someone breaks your property then thats wrong and the parent should be apologising to you not telling you to get a life....Parenting now sometimes leaves much to be desired, all excusing little Chardonnay or Calvin etc when they are being little [*****!!!]

Word removed by Moderator, contravenes house rules
    YEH

Elainexx

Poor man, he must be really shaken up about this.

A few weeks back I refused to give a group of kids back their football after they kept kicking it at my windows and into my garden (breaking a few of the feeders I had hanging up) I had repeatedly asked them to stop or go somewhere else, anyway, after my refusal to give it back I had the 'mother at my door shouting at me then ending up telling me to 'get a life'!!

I hope your neighbour is ok.

Numps x[/quote]
  • tkachev
    Options
    If I was Numpty I'd just say someone came to the door and asked for the ball back so I gave it to them and to stop harassing me (get rid of the evidence of course).

Sometimes you have to play them at their own game.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    I remember on another note when i lived in flat with communal stairway...A neighbour who was training to be a PE teacher and was a lazy git (maybe that contravenes hr too lol), used to bring all his stuff home at evenings, weekends, etc...It got to be like a gym with footballls, nets, bikes and computers...I nearly broke my neck on nets one day and got fed up so one sunday I removed footballs and disposed of them...He obviously didnt take care of school property and I was sick of nearly falling so I got rid of some of it!! He didnt put so much stuff out there again but never asked re the footballs!!!

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    If I was Numpty I'd just say someone came to the door and asked for the ball back so I gave it to them and to stop harassing me (get rid of the evidence of course).

Sometimes you have to play them at their own game.

Elizabeth x
  • tkachev
    Options
    Nice one Elaine. If they can't prove that it was you who got rid of them there's nothing to worry about. It could have been anyone. Its only if they have proof that you need to worry.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein