Feel a bit sad tonight

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 17. Nov 2012, 10:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Heard this morning that my friend had passed away last night. Totally out of the blue, he was not ill, didn't smoke, didn't drink much, ran a half marathon this year.
He was such a lovely bloke and will be sorely missed.
His wife is expecting their second baby soon and their son is 2. Plus they were meant to move house on Saturday.
It's just totally rubbish.

It certainly makes you re-evaluate your life.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Jen, Please accept my condolences on the death of your friend.
    What a terrible shock for you to receive such bad news about your friend, and how sad for his family, especially his poor wife. It certainly does make you re-evaluate your life when something like this happens out of the blue. It always seems so much worse when a young person dies, leaving behind young children, and in this case, an unborn baby. It's so sad that your friend was taken away so suddenly when he hadn't been ill. I'm sure that his spirit and all the good memories of him will live on in all the people who knew and loved him, but his wife will need a great deal of help and support in the future.
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    jen no wonder you are feeling sad, condolences to you and your friend, it is bad enough when it is expected but when unexpected like that and one so young is devastating, i am sure you will find the strength to help and support your friend through the toughest time of her life and i'm sure your family will be there to support you, you will find the strength from some where.............tc..............marie (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Oh Jen!!!

What dreadful news :(

His poor poor child and his poor poor wife having to give birth alone :( . The housemove too - might not even happen with contracts to sign.

Oh what a terrible situation for you all :( . I am sure you will be thare for his wife and child(ren soon).

HUGE hugs for you take care

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I'm very sorry, Jenzie. A very close friend lost his 34 yr old son in similar circumstances a few weeks ago so I can empathise. It's so hard to accept that a very fit, healthy young man has just died so suddenly. So sad.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Jenzie
    i'm so sorry i know you will be there to help your friends wife.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx