Help please with Methotrexate

Options
jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 16. Nov 2012, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone , I need some advise, I started on Meth 2 weeks ago and over the last couple of days I have not felt well, this morning I had a shower and found a rash on my feet , it is not that bad only on my feet and not bright red like I got all over my body with supha. My question is should I get in touch with the rhumeys or leave it until i have my next bloods done which is in 2 weeks .
Some my remember that I also have trouble with a low platelet count before i started and was only allowed to go on Meth if my count does'nt go down any. I really want the Meth to work , i have been unwell for a couple of years trying to sort the RA .
Thanks for reading my post . jillyx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've never had a meth rash so I'm not sure what it looks like but, in any case, jilly, I think you need the people with medical knowledge to advise you. I know you very much want to 'make this work' and I applaud you for that but I think you should take no chances and explain your problem to your meth helpline right now, as it's Friday afternoon and they presumably don't operate over the weekend. I don't want to sound alarmist and they may well advise you to just carry on but it has to be them telling you, not us. Please let's know the verdict.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    I started on Meth a few years ago, first on tablets and now on injections.

I did get a rash with the tablets, but not on the injections.

I used trimovate cream to help with this.

I would also have a look at the foods you eat as I found I could no longer eat Orange's or orange juice as that effected the way the Meth worked.

If you are feeling sick, this will calm down, try ginger nuts and or mints to help with this.

Hope this helps.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jilly
    Sorry I cant offer any help, but I do hope it clears up then you can carry on with your treatment x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello jilly, please contact your rheumatology team asap, they are the ones to be helping you with this. I had meth rash on my forearms when I was taking the tablets, being used to rashes due to my eczema I ignored it and my rheumatologist stopped the meth as soon as she saw it - and gave me a ticking off. :oops: Take care and let us know what they say, yes? DD

PS I'm fine so far on the injected meth.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi jilly

I hope you have phoned someone and taken some advice......I really hope that all is well and you will NOT be stopped from taking the MTX like, I think, you fear.

love

Toni xxx