Dancing Toes

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 18. Nov 2012, 15:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
I can't actually remember how long my toes have been spontaneously moving for now, it started back in september, and they are still at it. I have found that they are bad (and getting worse) when I lie down either on sofa or in bed so I'm thinking this is caused by pressure on the nerves somewhere. They have started sort of clawing downwards now, not like cramp but like something is pulling them down and it is bl**dy painful. I was up all night with them again and I have really had enough now. I am going to ring my gp tomorrow to hurry the referal to the neurologist, it's been over 2 months now since he said he was going to refer me and I've heard nothing yet. My feet are so stiff in the mornings now but thats only to be expected if the bu**ers are moving all night.

Anyhoo, off to make tea for hubby now, he's been on 12 hr shift down the great black hole today so will be starving when he gets back.

Hope everyone is as well as can be and staying warm, been sunny but freezing here today. Had a lovely cuddle with my granddaughter this afternoon though and that always warms the heart.

Dee x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Deedee, I fully concur that you need to chivvy your GP along, this is surely getting unbearable for you now. I hope your husband comes home soon and gives you a cuddle - cuddles do help no matter who dispenses them! Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Dee
    I was wondering how you were getting on , if it goes on much longer just ring the secretary and ask if they have an idea how long...I do hope they dont keep you waiting xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies, I am going to chase it up this week cos it's really getting to me now.

DD...hope all goes well with your hand op and your recovery is not too long.

Dee x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    deedeei think you should give the consultants secretary a ring as opposed to your gp as that will only take more time, if you explain how long it has been going on maybe that will hurry up an app, you must be climbing the walls, hopefully you will get an app soon....................tc............marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Well done you for taking control here. This has gone on quite long enough and it's high time something was done about it. I think I, too, would be inclined to go for the consultant's secretary first and then use the GP as a sort of back-up lever if that didn't go to plan. You're doing the right thing. Don't be dissuaded.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright