Trayce Member Posts: 110
edited 19. Dec 2012, 02:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
not good at all with hips and back

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry about that, Trayce. Have you seen the doc?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    My hips/back are trying to catch up with the peripheral joints in sharing out the pain, my GP won't do any investigation(cost), they say that it won't change the way they treat me(cost!), I say if they knew what they were dealing with we could treat and plan for the future, as it is I just wait to add something else to my list.

The GP is in charge so we don't do anything. Best of luck with your GP/treatment.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Trayce
    I really do feel for you, I have chronic back and hip pain...and still waiting for them to make there minds up which is the worst, have you had any injections in your back, I do hear that acupuncture is quite good, but I haven't tried that.
    What I do use when sat down I use my wheat cushions that you warm in the microwave,
    I do hope you get something to help very soon ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Hi Trayce, you poor thing. You need to get to the doc and at least have a chat about it, get some decent pain control as well. Do go and get sorted out. Hopefully you will get some tests done and be able to be treated properly.
    I know sometimes we get fobbed off but it's always worth a try.
    As has already been mentioned heat is usually a nice way of soothing sore joints. A hottie bottle or heat pad is very comforting.
    Do hope you get some relief soon.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope something can be sorted to help you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Trayce. Can sympathise with you as I am a back sufferer too. The only thing that really helps me is a warmed-up wheatbag in the microwave (am sitting attached to one at present). When I told my GP ages ago that that was the only thing which really helped, she wasn't at all surprised and said she had been told that before. Hey ho!! I take one to bed with me at night at put it on my back. Also find a lovely electric blanket helps when getting into bed!! As I am on my own don't have to consider the likings of an OH, like some of you.

I had a very rough day yesterday, very tearful but no idea why except that the constant pain was really getting me down. Does anyone else find that or is it just me? Am feeling much better today.

Trust you are all having as good a day as possible.

Hope you can get some relief sorted soon Trayce.

Beryl
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi there

I am sorry that you are having so much pain. I do hope that someone is going to get you sorted out. Let us know how things are going on that score.

And Beryl, yes is your answer. I quite often feel like sitting down and crying my eyes out. And I bet most people on here feel the same. I have a Hubby and 2 girls. Sometimes I really wish I could be on my own for a bit...just to let it all out. I am yet to get hold of a wheat bag though.
    Karen xx
  • Trayce
    Options
    had a rough night still in pain put my gel on gp gave me did and taken paracetamol but it does not help tried every gel going and heat pads i have mh problems and care for my hubby
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Trayce you must go back to your GP and try and get across how bad the pain is, I say try because they cant feel it,maybe tears will help....I do hope they will give you something to help, Im not sure what meds you are on but gabapentin has really help me....amongst the other things I take .
    You take care and dont forget we are are always here (((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    Options
    Hi there,

I agree with Barbara, get yourself back to the doctors. They have got to help you with this. And I've been on Gabapentin and they do work. You obviously do need something stronger. And as you are looking after you're Hubby you need to be as pain free as possible.

Let us know how you get on wont you.
    Karen xx
  • Trayce
    Options
    will do

sat here sobbing
  • constable
    Options
    Oh, please dont cry. Make that appointment now. I understand how you feel as I said I look after my Hubby and I know how stressy it is when you're are in pain yourself. Have a good chat to your doctor.

Sending you hugs of comfort.
    Karen xx
  • Trayce
    Options
    have to ring gp in morning for thurs
  • sheenakt
    sheenakt Member Posts: 51
    Options
    yes, you must see your doctor again - I think I sometimes look too well when I go but I am suffering really bad back pain at the moment. I recently had 8 steroid injections in my spine which has helped a little, but it seems to have made the pain in my hip much worse. I am at the hospital tomorrow as I fell in the shower 2 weeks ago and I am worried about the painful hip as I had a THR last year. I think the pain is sometimes worse at the onset of winter and it has been a very damp few days where I am in the north!

I am hoping I haven't damaged my new hip by the fall, I do not want to have revision surgery yet!
    Sheena x
  • stickywicket
    Options
    If I remember rightly, Trayce, you are on medication for epilepsy and that's why your GP has to be very careful about which other meds he prescribes for you. This is very difficult for both of you. I think, if I remember rightly, you were wondering previously about a Pain Clinic and also acupuncture. Did you ever try either of them? If not, would it be worth suggesting them to your GP?
    Steven Wright
  • Trayce
    Options
    yes i am on meds for epilespy have rang someone for medical advice because the pain is so bad and plus of way hubby is can not afford to be ill
  • Trayce
    Options
    had another rough night
  • constable
    Options
    Hi there,

Have you got that doctor's appointment yet?? Sorry to hear you had another bad night.
    Karen xx
  • Trayce
    Options
    no gp booked up
  • Trayce
    Options
    thursday things got to much I was crying gp was booked up and shut at lunch for training so I went to the walk in centre well got 50mg of tramadol I suffered til thur eve as been on this before and it made me ill well I took it before bed felt sickly dizzy and had a spinning head thought not going to give up i fell asleep till 8am then kept feeling sick and dizzy and had runs and all I wanted to do was sleep got so i rang out of ours gp who rang me said stop the tramadol and as I had runs i could not get there i said felt to ill I was hot and cold so he said to ring back in morning for an appointment so today I did got one right away no ring back as they had information from last night been given ibuprofen been told to ask gp to refer me to hospital also and that he dr will put that in the fax felt so ill with the tramadol
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Trayce

I am so sorry :( you take care of yourself as best you can :( Tramadol makes me sick into the next day too even if l only take one!!! (I used to be able to take 2 as prescribed and even drive, but not now :oops: ) so you have my sympathy.

Hope OH is ok so you can rest

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • Trayce
    Options
    glad I am not the only one I only took the one Thursday night when I was it before I took the two and was very sick this was bad enough taking the one deffo will not be trying it again not allowed anything like co codamol either that makes me sleepy and sick
  • constable
    Options
    Hi there,

Glad that I am one of the lucky ones and can take tramadol. No effects on me apart from taking some pain away.

I do hope things start moving soon so that they can get you sorted out and relieve some of the pain you have at the mo. And hope that you can rest along with your Hubby.

Keep you're chin up if you can.
    Karen xx
  • Trayce
    Options
    thanks

was up all night again
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm sorry you had another bad night, Trayce. I hope your GP can help when you see him. Clearly tramadol isn't a solution for you.
    Steven Wright