Help - Feeling really sick after Meth injection

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 20. Nov 2012, 09:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,

I am not doing very good at the moment, a few weeks ago I started on Sulpha tablets, this weekend i am now on my full dose.

On a Saturday night I take my Meth Injeciton (have been doing this since January).

Yesterday, i had one on of the worse days of sickness/tiredness and pain ever.

I have been feeling a bit sick when I first started on the Sulpha, but its calmed down now, but it seems to be worse when I take the Meth too.

I am waiting on a call back from my RA nurse, but would appreciate any advise to cope with the sickness.

I am on anti sickness tablets too, but they aren't helping.

Comments

• knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Debra

Regret to say can't offer any advice, but just wanted to send my best wishes that your RA nurse can help and you will be feeling better soon.

Janet x
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Hi Debra, ginger tea is good for nausea and sickness. However you need a decent one like Birt and Tang's, it's in tea bag form, from Holland and Barretts. It's delicious with half a teaspoon of honey in and really settles the tummy. (Twinnings is awful - sorry Twinnings).
    In fact nibbling ginger biscuits can help too. Hope it all settles soon
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think the others have come up with better advice than I can offer. However, I do hope things get easier soon. Also that the nurse got back to you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Poor you - I suffered this way on the tablets all summer - but only when I managed to get up to 17.5mg. I was switched 7 weeks ago to injections and am taking 15mg. Not feeling so sick now but have got the horrid rotten garbage taste back in my mouth. I think for me it may be a combination of Hydroxichloraquine and the MTX though. Maybe it's this combination of Sulpha and MTX for you too? I found that I felt sick continuously and now the horrible taste is continuous too which is odd because I would have expected these side effects to wear off a few days after taking the MTX. This is why I suspect it's the combination of the two drugs for me.

Have you tried taking more folic acid - say one ever day apart from Meth/ MTX day? I have and I don't think it's made much difference to me but some people swear by this. Mat
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    I have spoken with my RA nurse this morning, she was really nice and helpful.

We have decided to give my Meth injection a miss this week but stay on the Sulpha and see how it goes. I've to give them a phone back next week and if its worked then they might reduce the Meth and see if thats the problem solved.

Needless to say I am delighted to not to have to my injection this week!

Will give you an update next week.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi

Do you still take the folic acid if so can you take some more

Fowls xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi hun.
    Sorry that you are not so good.
    Hope it eases soon

YBH's coming your way.
    X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Debra
    Sorry I cant offer any advice apart from anti sickness meds..I do feel for you, I have a fear of being sick...silly I know..
    I do hope it all eases up for you you very soon ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    That sounds like a plan and a very good one. I hope it works and yes, please keep us updated.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright