Bath or Shower

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
edited 24. Nov 2012, 19:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
The advantages and disadvantages are individual. I have a thread on Living With Arthritis 'Bath or Shower or....' which has some comments. I think it went up about 6-9 months ago. Maybe if you put it in the search engine.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't been able to get in and out of a bath for many years. I do miss them but voted for shower because it is fast and easier to wash my hair.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    love a good bath but struggle with them so have a walk in shower.. I'm voting bath though
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I do get some strange looks when I tell people I haven't had a bath for 20 years!! :o:o:lol: Susie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    It's definitely a bath for me, although I do have a shower when time is limited. c055.gif

But there's nothing quite as relaxing as having a long luxurious soak in the bath with lots of perfumed bubbles.
    c075.gif

I have a wonderful bath lift which I bought on E*** very cheaply to get me in and out without any effort. My grand-daughters love to take turns to sit on it and press the remote control which came with it. They say,"Going down" and "Coming up" as though in a lift, and then boast about it to all their friends. It must be the new status symbol :lol:

While relaxing in the bath, I let my mind wander and think through any problems and ways of solving them. I couldn't possibly do this in the shower. The only trouble is that I sometimes fall asleep and then wake up all wrinkly in luke-warm water. :o
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    shower for me .
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I love baths but as I can't get in and out without help I always shower, so I voted shower.

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Tody
    I'm the same as legs we had our bath romove and had a extra size shower put in and I love it so voted Shower.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Some five years ago we had a new bathroom fitted with new bath and shower cubicle. The bath is still unused. I can slip in and out of the shower in minutes and usually have one morning and night.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hello Tody
    i love baths but i cannot get in or out and my sister is in a wheelchair so it has to be a shower.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I can only us a shower with a seat in it, if I would like a bath I would need to contact JCB and give them notice on borrowing a crane to get me in and out of my next door neighbours bath!! :lol::lol: . We have a walk in shower in our house with a seat in it for me.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I used to love sitting in a bath full of bubbles but, now, I get bored and can't wait to et out so I'm voting shower as it's much quicker.
    Christine
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    applerose wrote:
    I used to love sitting in a bath full of bubbles but, now, I get bored and can't wait to et out so I'm voting shower as it's much quicker.

I'm just like you Applerose. I used to sit and soak for ages in a bath e023.gif but when I had to wait for someone else to get me out I used to have a wash and then shout for help after less than 5 minutes. Just shows that I need to be in control to enjoy something to the full :D

c055.gif

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'