Gout

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 23. Nov 2012, 16:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello folks just wondered if anyone has had gout?? just having blood tests to check it out and should know by Friday. I am not sure as although i do have terrible painful burst i have never had any swelling or redness. The odd thing is i have been getting pains in my left hand for some time on and off, my foot i could have chopped off two weekend ago.. but now my hip has gone into one today with my back... just come from now where.. Would love to hear from people who have have this...

Comments

• paulch
    paulch Member Posts: 103
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :( HI .I have had Gout twice, normally forms on your side of the big toe and is very painfull, and could not work for a week until it went away. I had a second attack 6 months later in my other big toe and this time i was given Allopurinol 100mg to reduce uric acid which cause gout also given colchicine for pain , it takes a while to get used to Allopurinol but it works i have only had slight attacks since. i thought at first it was OA in the joint but the doc said it was too swollen and red for that.
  • lupin15
    Options
    I have my doubt about it being gout.. watch this space... something is causing the pain... must be good old arthur.. doesn't he just love the winter months.. :x :x :x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I've had gout once....but it was in my knee???? Thats what it was diagnosed as. Very sore and inflammed while it lasted but once it went away...everything was fine.....hasnt come back....Wish arthur would take a leaf out of Mr Gouts book and b...ar off!!! :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    Options
    A friend has recently been diagnosed with chronic gout in her hands, hers is caused by medications which she has to take for heart problems (diurectics and aspirin). She was prescribed the same medication as Paulch, which has helped.

It is said to be one of the more painful types of arthritis.
  • lupin15
    Options
    Not sure what my body is doing but my hip went into one yesterday.. sleepless night more awful pain couldnt move without it kicking off... phoned gp and had a chat. I needed to someone to think out of the box..because i have had cancer twice everything seems to revolve around that.. They are waiting for all the test to come back . The gout one came back inconclusive!!!!! so not sure what will happen with that one. They are waiting for test for arthur to come back. Sister has osto and been treated by rheum.... she had little bugs or something in her blood which she has a drug to get rid of!!!! i am sure someone will know what that means :? :? Didn't ask about the other test but assuming they will be cancer centred...
    Anyone know of a good body shop i could drop into for spares :lol::lol:
  • lupin15
    Options
    Blood clear so must be osto arthur... :? :? must just be moving around my body..
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Lupin

I am sorry you have no definite answers there. 'Inconclusive' isn't much use is it :? Will they repeat it?

I think an appointment with the doc to discuss results is in order and what ideas he/she has to get to the bottom of it all.

Xrays aren't too expensive maybe they will do one of them?

Love

Toni xx
  • lupin15
    Options
    Hi yes the doctor did mention xrays.. will ring monday and say yes. Must admit having a glass of red wine tonight.... just wish i knew what was causing this pain.. onwards and upwards red meds tonight for me.. whoopie :lol::lol: