Hospital appointment today

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 23. Nov 2012, 05:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have my review appointment today with the consultant who did my hip manipulation, arthrogram and injection 4 weeks ago. I am still in pain, with marked weakness on same side. I am nervous about what he will say, but Mr NB is coming with me for moral support this time.
I will be mentioning that I am disappointed about the post op advice I `wasn`t ` given.
I have also now lost nearly 1 and a half stones since I saw his registrar in clinic in October, which I hoped would improve my hips , but not yet!!
I will update you later x
NB

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck NB I hope your appointment goes well

Love Juliepf x
  • Trayce
    Trayce Member Posts: 110
    Options
    good luck
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Goodl luck NB hope all goes well xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good luck NB hope it goes well.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good for you NB, take a list then you dont forget anything, I do hope the appointment goes well for you, and they can do something about the pain you are in, please let us know how you get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi NB

Good luck with your appointment today. I shall be thinking of you.
    Karen xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    really hope that the appointment goes well hun
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lazicat
    lazicat Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Good Luck , hope have a positive appt x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Thanks for your support x
    Unfortunately the consultant was not in clinic, although I had been told he would be today :roll: So I saw the registrar again.
    I told him about my continued and increased pain and the weakness, and he was disappointed that the injection hadn`t worked. It should have worked quite soon afterwards. He asked about my back and SI joint which also are sore, and he examined my back, legs and tested my nerve routes for any altered sensation. My SI joint is very tender and I have noticed some altered sensation in my right heel/underside of foot. Something I hadn`t noticed before was that the skin over the side of my big toe and the large joint there felt different/numb.
    He wants me to have an MRI of my spine and hip to see what is happening there and if this is contributing to my hip pain and weakness. I started with back problems earlier this year after a fall and the consultant asked my GP to refer to a spinal surgeon. However in my area you have to be assessed by MSK before a referral to spinal surgeon and they decided I should have physio on my back. Today the reg said I will probably need to be seen by a spinal surgeon, if so I am asking for tem to do a direct referral so I don`t get fobbed off again.
    So no answers yet and still in pain, but he said there is not a long wait for MRI. Then I go back to see the orthopaedics (consultant or reg- who knows!!??)
    Thanks again xx
    NB
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    It sounds like a plan, NB. I hope you get some answers.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I am glad that you are getting a spinal mri and that, hopefully, you are going to get to see a spine surgeon. I love my new spine guy - I hope yours is as good. Those numb areas are wierd aren't they? I poke mine periodically just out of curiosity!
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning NB

at last they are investigating with the mRI and I hope the appointment comes through soon

Love Juliepf x