Hi new to this site

Hoggle
Hoggle Member Posts: 3
edited 3. Dec 2012, 14:37 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Deb, I'm 37 and was diagnosed with spondyloarthritis 7 years ago. I currently take Sulphasalazine and Celebrex which generally keep me feeling ok but I do have a few flare ups each year. I suffer with pain and stiffness in my fingers, hands, wrists, elbows, toes, feet and right hip. I'm currently having a little flare and am feeling very sore and extremely tired with no energy at all.
I work in an office and am finding it more and more difficult to cope with all the typing as my wrists are permanantly painful even when I wear splints.
I have been having a look at the site and have already found lots of helpful information so thought it would be worth joining up and saying hello :D

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Hoggle
    And welcome to the forum,I have OA in multiple joints and love talking to people on here, its lovely to support one another and unburden yourself..so I do hope to see you posting more very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Hoggle. It's good to meet you but, as we say on here, sorry you had to find us. It must be very hard to cope with office work, especially when your wrists are giving you grief.

Please join in wherever you like. We're a friendly bunch and don't bite :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Deb

Lovely to meet you and to welcome you to our forums :)

Most folk on here are so so nice and supportive that you should soon feel at home. Be warned the site can be addictive :wink:

Hope to see you around and about soon

Love

Toni xx
  • Hoggle
    Hoggle Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your kind replies and for making me feel so welcome xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Hoggle (what a lovely name!) it's lovely to meet you and I hope the forum will be able to help with information and support. I have two sorts of arthritis and over the years that has affected my ability to work: luckily I am self-employed but the amount of work I can do is dwindling year by year. I too am on sulph (and a shed-load of other meds) and am currently recovering from a double carpal tunnel op a fortnight ago (and yes, not working yet as I can't write! More lost income! :lol: ) I hope you've had a good week-end and will look in again soon. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Deb,
    Hello and welcome, you have came to a great place, I have not been here that long myself and the support and friendliness is second to none.

I have OA in my hands and have just had a finger fused a few weeks ago, thumb next I think. I have nothing Arthur wise than most of the rest although I have a few other issues health wise so know what it's like living with chronic pain, everyone is so friendly and helpful, but not forgetting the humour and the laughs, all good medicine, hope to see you around..........tc..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles