Thank You Everyone

Options
scribbler
scribbler Member Posts: 54
edited 24. Nov 2012, 14:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is just to say a big thank you to all the people on this site who have given me advice and encouragement and information over the last few weeks.

I've spoken to my consultant and came to the decision that a hip replacement operation isn't for me at the moment. Five or ten years down the line, circumstances might be very different.

The consultant I spoke to rides a bike - I felt this made all the difference. He could appreciate how important my recumbent trike is to me and how restricted my life would be without it. It's amazing how much easier it is to explain things to someone who shares your own interest - especially in an area like cycling.

A few years ago I fell and broke my left wrist - not cycling just walking down the street. The physiotherapist I saw afterwards was a member of a local cycling club and able to appreciate my anxiety to get back on my bike (This was in my pre-trike days.)

Many thanks for all your help.
With love and best wishes for Christmas and New Year - if it's not too early for this.

:):):)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You clearly feel that you have made the right decision for you, scribbler, and that's what's important. We're all different and we cope differently with both the pain and stiffness and lack of ability. It seems that you are happy and your consultant is happy so go for it! As and when you feel you may need the THR we'll still be here :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Aww Scribbler it was a pleasure.

I am so glad you have made your decision - it is right for you now and I am even more glad the consultant could empathise with your individual situation and you didn't feel pressurised :)

I will happily accept your early Chrsitmas wishes - good wishes are just that 'good' whatever time of year!

Thank you

Love

Toni xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Scribbler
    That sounds good news for you.....it must be great getting someone who understands your cycling etc.

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww Scribbler it really has been a pleasure..I find by supporting other it helps me..I am glad you have come to a decision and I do wish you well...just one thing I hope you stay with us.. :D xx
    Love
    Barbara