Can't believe the post!

Options
mld
mld Member Posts: 45
edited 26. Nov 2012, 14:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
As I say I can't believe the post. About ten days ago I went for my first ever visit to a Rheumy, was blown away by the tests and X rays they did at the time, but since then I have a new appointment for the Rheumy on 4th Dec, an MRI scan set up and a clinic to scan my hands and my feet.

I feel like a private patient, not an NHS one! What's happened to the queues? Though I am not in any way complaining, I am just a little overawed - and so is work. They have to keep on giving me time off. And as I don't/can't drive I have to use public transport so I need more time off than others who can drive the 20 odd miles to the hospital. I need 3 buses.

I am having more aches and pains as I was told to come off the Naproxen so they can prescribe something different in December. I just hope it works as I am on 30/500 CoCodomol and I'm still in agony- walking in a Gorilla sort of way, though that is probably disrespectful to Gorillas!!

thanks for listening,

Margaret

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Some departments are just very efficient, Margaret. Others aren't. You seem to have got lucky and I'm very pleased for you.

4th Dec isn't too long to wait, though it will seem so to you. I hope it's a good appointment and they get you on some meds that really help.

(Gorilla? I'm more of a sloth :wink:)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am so pleased you are getting good treatment Margaret...and I do wish you well with whatever treatment they give you,please let us know how you get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • purplelaces
    purplelaces Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Sounds like you have got in to a good department, hopefully they are as efficient when it gets to treating the illness. :)

x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good news Margaret, that certainly is quick, hopefully all goes well for you keep us posted........tc.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    As has already been said some departments have hardly any or no waiting lists and others extremely long! My Rhummey has no appointments free at my local hospital until March/April next year so I now have to see him at Worcester University Hospital which is a good 1/2hr trip out! Luckily for me I use hospital transport so I can get there.
  • mld
    mld Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Yes, I feel for you.

Our local department is an hour and a half away by bus - it would be shorter in a car, but I don't drive and we don't have a car either!! Actually I'm not sure I could get into a car either.

But hey ho - a week tomorrow and they might put me on new meds which could ease the pain. (I hope)

Margaret
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Lucky thing!
    I hope the service is good-wonder if it is the postcode lottery thing?
    I recently had a 2 and a half hour trip via 3 buses to get to an ENT appointment and then did it all again to get home-there is a perfectly good ENT department in the hospital a 10 minute drive away but they insisted I go to the other one!
    I may move to your area.
    I hope your new meds work well for you when you get them.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    Options
    I am in NI and my rhuemy clinic has 1 years waiting time so i was seen private my mri was done by orthopedics before that ,i know need to go back to my local hosptial for treatment i have been told i will be seen quick as everything has been done .
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi

Good news to hear of NHS efficiency. I can't complain in my area either.

Shula
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Fantastic treatment Margaret - let's hope thinsg go well next week for you :D

This is how it should be......

love

Toni xxx