Exploding Blackberry

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Dec 2012, 14:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
No, not the fruit, the 'phone. The Curve 9320 is very popular with teenagers and one lad has been injured by his brother's phone which, when fully charged, was left switched on and put on the end of his bed by his mum. The phone exploded, set fire to his duvet and he was injured by melted plastic stuck to his leg. If you or your offspring have this type of phone please be wary. The story is in today's Mail - I really must learn how to do the blue stuff. :oops: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    OMG thats awful i have a Blackberry saying that i remember my exes Nokia going off with a bang in his pocket the set of it was melted didn't do him any harm (shame) :roll: must go and read this in the mail thank you
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Modern polymer batteries can be a tad iffy I'm surprised there's not more of this kind of thing happening to be honest.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Think it's time I changed my phone :shock: x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    Thanks for the warning DD

One of my girls has one and from now on it will be charged within our eyesight and on a mat used for hair straighteners!

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have noticed in the past two weeks (whilst I've been confined to barracks) that if my phone or netbook end up resting on the duvet they get hot. I think I'm right in saying that in the booklets that come with these things they tell you not to let them get too hot (usually not above 25 degrees c) and that has to be for good reasons. I have had the phone by my bed so I can tell the time in the night but it is resting on a wooden table and it's in a draught! Just be wary, don't keep them in your pockets (especially with winter layers over the top) and hopefully this was a one-off. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben