Had my free NHS health check yesterday

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 8. Dec 2012, 16:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
Why they advertise it as a FREE health check I can't imagine, but here are the results. Get more exercise, blood pressure borderline, lose weight, pulse rate was good and steady, but then the BAD new, the really BAD news - I've shrunk!! :shock: I'm no longer a proud 5ft 4", instead just 5ft 3" and a widgy bit. Apart, from my family, that widgy bit is now the most important thing my life :lol: . But it does explain why I keep catching my toes in a couple of pairs of trousers and why I asked my son of 29 if he was still growing.

So my New Year resolutions are, get fitter, leaner and GROW AN INCH. :lol:

Have a good weekend everyone.

Janet xx

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Your results are very similar to mine, Janet, including the fact that I've shrunk too. :shock: I've always been 5' 8'', but was shocked recently to discover that I've also lost an inch. I even checked it when I got home in case the nurse had made a mistake, but it was correct.

I'm doing my best to get fitter and leaner, but I'm not sure how to grow that inch back again.

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol::lol: What are you both worrying about regarding losing ONLY an inch in height, I have lost 4 and a bit inches since 2004. :shock: :lol: This is on average half an inch a year! My grandaughter keeps reminding me that she is getting taller and I am shrinking. Wish I'd never mentioned it to her now! :wink:

Having a slight curvature of the spine, has not helped of course. Mr. E often asks where I am! :roll: :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Janet you made me laugh...I am wondering if they can fit longer metal bits when I eventually have my THRs :shock: and im serious.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    My height goes up and down according to the latest new bit.

All of us with auto-immune stuff shrink as the synovial fluid dries up. It's arm-length that annoys me. When your elbows, wrists and finger joints all shrink your reach is virtually non-existant. I keep doing my stretching exercises but I think I need the help of the inquisition.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Wow, I didn't think about shrinking because of loss of synovial fluid. I've been told I was an inch shorter but just thought they'd got it wrong. Hope I don't shrink too much or my grandkids will be taller than me soon. :shock:
    Christine