Pre Christmas treat with the family

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 9. Dec 2012, 14:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
We had our family pre Christmas treat of afternoon tea yesterday at a posh hotel. Lashings of hot tea, melt in the mouth sandwiches, fresh warm scones with plenty of jam and cream and sumptuous dainty cakes. We left one cake on the plate and the waitress kindly put it in a box for me to bring home. The waitress service was first class, in fact everything was excellent. Very indulgent!! Will have to go for a long walk today to work some of the calories off.

Janet xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good time, Janet. It'll be a cold day for walking here; bright and sunny and, officially, warmer than it has been but with a nithering wind. We usually have a turn round the local dam on Sunday mornings but I'm not sure today.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely time Janet, it's nice to indulge once in a while even nicer when it's with the family, pleased you had a lovely day..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Glad you had a good time,sounded yummy.Mig
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sounds just the right start to the festive season glad it went well val
    val
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Yes, it certainly was a lovely treat. Feel a bit flat today as it's back to the mundane Sunday matter of doing the weekly shop on line.

Have just hung the chocolate treats on the Christmas tree and stood in front of hubby and said "I know exactly how many I've hung up". :lol:

Janet xx
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Janet...so glad you had a wonderful pre christmas treat with your loved ones. I went on a christmas shopping spree with my 2 sisters and my mum last weekend and we ended up abandoning shopping and finding a nice cosy pub for lunch and a catch up, it was lovely to all be together as it doesn't happen that often through the year but we all make a point of getting together on christmas day for dinner and then a buffet tea and a few glasses of good cheer.

Take care Dee x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Good for you hun.... really happy that you enjoyed yourself.. :D

Sticky is spot on though, been rather parky here past few days... bbbrrrrrrr
    Tis that wind that gets ya, goes reet through ya

We were up at the cemetery earlier today and the wind was icey cold.. straight through mind coats... :cry:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP