Hello I'm new!!!

holliesfan
holliesfan Member Posts: 5
edited 11. Dec 2012, 07:00 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, just a few bits about me.....I'm married (for ages & ages) I am retired, and I was diagnosed with RA & OA over 14 years ago. I recently had ops on my feet, one (left foot) worked, the right foot wasn't as successful, different surgeons, still I can get about with help from hubby and mobility scooter and my wheelchair. Can't say I enjoy being in my chair but needs must sometimes!!
Been lurking on the forum for a while and you seem a friendly bunch so decided to de-lurk and join in, hope you don't mind. I think you can never have enough friends.
Thanks for reading and I promise to stick to the rules :) .
Byee, holliesfan (listening to them as I type)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello holliesfan. (Ah, my era! ‘All I Need is the Air that I Breathe’, ‘He Aint Heavy’. I still love ‘em :D )

I don’t love the arthritis but, like you, I’ve managed the double :roll: and I’ve had mine for over 50 years. I’ve not done foot ops though. Just knees and hips. I shall avoid feet as long as possible but they’re starting to feel left out so, who knows?

I’m glad you decided to ‘de-lurk’ yourself :wink: Of course we don’t mind. Yes, I think we are a pretty friendly lot though it’s a bit quiet round here at the moment. Weekends usually are, and weekends near Christmas even more so. I hope you won’t be put off by that and will join in wherever you like. Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat are the most popular forums.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, It's lovely to meet you, I am glad you have decided to take the plunge and un-lurk. I'm sure you have gathered a good 'feel' for the forum so know your way around - I look forward to seeing your name here and there as new voices are always welcome. I wish you well and take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello holliesfan
    My era has well....and a warm welcome from me...I have just aquied q wheel chair..for shopping and days out so I know how you feel about them...I do swear at it but it takes no notice... :roll:
    Im glad you have joined us at the very least you can talk to people that understand some of what you are going through and get some good advice
    I hope to see you posting more very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mumof1
    Mumof1 Member Posts: 42
    Hello and welcome xx