Newbie Member

Options
penny21
penny21 Member Posts: 2
edited 16. Dec 2012, 10:19 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all,
I've just recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my hip (unusual but not unheard of said my consultant) and am still trying to get my head round "what next." I would be grateful for any tips or advice from you lovely people. I have joined my local arthritis care support grooup -a mad but lovely lovely supportive bunch of peeps.

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Penny,

Welcome to the forums lovely to meet you but sorry that you have to join us! You will find lots of advice from the lovely people on here :D

It is good that you have found a local group as it is invaluable to have friends in the same position to chat to.

Rose x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hi Penny and welcome from me, too.

Arthritis in the hip 'not unusual' :o Well, certainly not round here :) We have plenty of 'hippies' and plenty of other bits too.

Please join in anywhere you like. We're a friendly bunch and you'll be made welcome. Most people are on Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Penny... And a warm welcome from me
    I have OA in both hips and a few other places, did you mean it was unusual because of your age.
    If you come on LWA and put a post on there you will get more reply's its always quiet in here x
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Penny

A big welcome from me, you will find there are loads of lovely peeps on here, I have never met as many lovely kind ,supportive people in the one place, being the weekend things are usually a bit slow as the lovely Barbara said if you repost on LWA you will get more answers, looking forward to seeing you around.................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles