Happy Christmas From Lipping ATOS!!!!

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 16. Dec 2012, 10:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Only still recovering from TKR 6.5 weeks ago and today walks up to shop for a magazine and came back to find winter cold payment ha! and questionnaire from bloody ATOS....It says if am on DLA, IB then need to fill it in or wont get ESA new benefit...So rings up and asks person on phone who after insisting I use my middle name which I dont use then says "I dont think you should have been sent this form but you still need to fill it in and send it back"...
He said the processing office in Bathgate (I live in Kendal) sent this request on monday...I have kept the man at jobcentre informed of when I was going into hospital, when I was out and he said to contact him in new year..Now im to be put through the wringer with this bloody ATOS, maybe be sent for medical and no doubt be declared as fit as a fiddle...I am still recovering and wouldnt say I am fit, cant drive yet, have tried and can only still walk small distances....I just know this is going to be another saga to contend with...

GRR!!!!

Elainexx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think they are transferring everyone on IB over to ESA . I also think will be awhile before you actually get an appointment for a medical. I say 'think' because its only what I read on other forums.

The JC won't care you've been in hospital although its always good infor the of any changes.

I 'think' you should get some advice on filling out that ATOS form too by reading around (I go on Martin Lewis forum).

All the best hope the new boots look nice on:D
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    I see Elizabeth has given you some advice there, I haven't a clue on these working matters....you just shouldn't be having the worry at this min..hopefully it will work out in your favor
    Will have my fingers crossed..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

Well im not on IB, am on ESA income based just now......I know full well that the jobcentre wont care that have had what is considered as major surgery 6.5 weeks ago...I hope to be fit for work but cannot say when that will be, I want to work but cannot say again when that will be..Walking, standing, getting things if drop them on the floor etc isnt easy just now but can use my hands and am not mentally unwell....So guess they would see me as fit and ready...
    Been on the Martin Lewis forum but didnt find it helpful...

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    I think they are transferring everyone on IB over to ESA . I also think will be awhile before you actually get an appointment for a medical. I say 'think' because its only what I read on other forums.

The JC won't care you've been in hospital although its always good infor the of any changes.

I 'think' you should get some advice on filling out that ATOS form too by reading around (I go on Martin Lewis forum).

All the best hope the new boots look nice on:D
    Elizabeth
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

I just know how devious and twisted ATOS are, how they twist things to suit it put down their way.....I just didnt think would be dealing with it so soon after undertaking my surgery...

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    I see Elizabeth has given you some advice there, I haven't a clue on these working matters....you just shouldn't be having the worry at this min..hopefully it will work out in your favor
    Will have my fingers crossed..x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Elaine

Everyone is getting called to ATOS for assessments. I am actually having to go tomorow for mine, I will certainly let you know how I get on, I know I am going to get told fit for work even though I still have ongoing problems and still have to see more people, as far as I am led to beiieve if you can breathe you are fit. Try not to get yourself worked up about this as far as I am aware if you appeal you are nearly certain to get it................tc..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    Options
    sorry I thought from your 1st post you got sent the form because you were on DLA IB.

ATOS are likely to see your operation as a plus point- your problem has been corrected in their eyes and any current symptoms can only get better. You will have to make very clear to them any difficulties you still have.

You can ask for a review if the verdict is not in your favour and then appeal if they don't change their minds on the review. Its a long process and many people are suffering.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Marie

Thats hellish youre getting called so soon after your surgery too....
    I have decided not to send the blasted form off till the end of the year (have till 10th Jan 2013 to return it) as last time sent form off they sent me for a medical within 2 weeks and made a decision in less than 3 days...Trouble is I have no support as went to Wrigthington and dont see them for another year, they are happy with my progress...I am progressing but I feel Im still recovering, I need more time till I can say I can drive a car for more than 2hours plus and can stand for more than 1hour (if ever)....Im seeing my gp this week so will see what she says but without anyone backing me up I think Im doomed to be fit for work also...
    Its not going to spoil christmas for me, wont let the gits!!

Hope your appointment went good and hope you get result you need...

lElainexx
    villier wrote:
    Hi Elaine

Everyone is getting called to ATOS for assessments. I am actually having to go tomorow for mine, I will certainly let you know how I get on, I know I am going to get told fit for work even though I still have ongoing problems and still have to see more people, as far as I am led to beiieve if you can breathe you are fit. Try not to get yourself worked up about this as far as I am aware if you appeal you are nearly certain to get it................tc..................Marie xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

No ive never been on IB or DLA....

I know full well ATOS will see my operation as improvement but at present my standing, getting up from chair, cant kneel, bend isnt better just now...It may improve in future but Im far from fit for work...

I know many are suffering and mine is not as bad but I need more time to get over this major surgery, cant put a timescale on it...

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    sorry I thought from your 1st post you got sent the form because you were on DLA IB.

ATOS are likely to see your operation as a plus point- your problem has been corrected in their eyes and any current symptoms can only get better. You will have to make very clear to them any difficulties you still have.

You can ask for a review if the verdict is not in your favour and then appeal if they don't change their minds on the review. Its a long process and many people are suffering.

Elizabeth x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    I was called for an Atos medical the day I had my THR!! I rang them to tell them and they said could I come in to their 2nd floor office later in the same week that I had my op!! You can guess my answer!! Eventually I had a telephone consultation at which i told them the date I was hoping to return to work, and they left me alone. I went back to work 12 weeks post op, on a phased return etc.. However, they did say if I hadn`t gone back when i said I would have been sent for again. As you said in your post, they will see your TKR as a cure for your problem, and I am sure you hope it will be!
    Good luck x
    NB
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI NB

Thats shocking you were called for medical on day of surgery and they arent the most amicable of folk on the phone old ATOS and DWP are they?
    I have seen my doctor this morning and she says it will take a full 6 months and if I state on my form to get in touch with her she will support my claim...Also seeing my advisor at jobcentre to ask how to tackle the form...Im just asking for a bit of understanding here but they arent well known for compassion are they?
    Im not asking to stay on this benefit forever and a day just asking for enough time to be as fully fit as I possibly can...For instance after shower today tried to dry toes standing and bend over, its wasnt having it at all...

Elainexx
    Hi Elaine
    I was called for an Atos medical the day I had my THR!! I rang them to tell them and they said could I come in to their 2nd floor office later in the same week that I had my op!! You can guess my answer!! Eventually I had a telephone consultation at which i told them the date I was hoping to return to work, and they left me alone. I went back to work 12 weeks post op, on a phased return etc.. However, they did say if I hadn`t gone back when i said I would have been sent for again. As you said in your post, they will see your TKR as a cure for your problem, and I am sure you hope it will be!
    Good luck x
    NB
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi Elaine

I was just starting getting documents together for the appeal against my ATOS decision before popping in here. I've had a look at the CAB website info and also (and I think more useful) Disability Law Service. I've got copies of all the hospital letters to my GP and wish I'd had them and sent them with the original claim; I'd advise you doing that. No problem getting them from my GP's secretary.

All the best
    Keep calm!
    Shula
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Shula

Well have seen my doctor who will support me as she says 6 months to recover..Thing is she wont write a letter unless requested by ATOS and on ESA forms it says if have supporting letters send with form but then at end of ESA50 it says dont send and take to local jobcentre.....Im seeing jobcentre advisor on wed....
    I dont have hospital copies....

I just need to recover or else it will be step backwards...

Elainexx
    Hi Elaine

I was just starting getting documents together for the appeal against my ATOS decision before popping in here. I've had a look at the CAB website info and also (and I think more useful) Disability Law Service. I've got copies of all the hospital letters to my GP and wish I'd had them and sent them with the original claim; I'd advise you doing that. No problem getting them from my GP's secretary.

All the best
    Keep calm!
    Shula
  • tkachev
    Options
    Elizabeth

No ive never been on IB or DLA....

I know full well ATOS will see my operation as improvement but at present my standing, getting up from chair, cant kneel, bend isnt better just now...It may improve in future but Im far from fit for work...

I know many are suffering and mine is not as bad but I need more time to get over this major surgery, cant put a timescale on it...

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth x

Its a long process and many people are suffering.

My above quote wasn't suggesting YOU are not suffering. I was trying to show how ATOS don't seem to care about getting it right first time, dragging people through further appeals and stress. They look for anything remotely positive (operations) then elaborate on it to make a report in their favour. I know how long recovery can take and how much care needs to be taken.

I'm wondering why they sent this to you if your not on DLA or IB? But It is always important to fill out any form from the DWP just to be on the safe side. They do like to play games.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elaizabeth

Not a problem I know you were just answering and giving advice....I would say at moment I am still adapting and adjusting to life with an implant after all, my pain has eased which for my situation and claim means less points but I am still restricted in many ways which I need to live with....I am so glad to have had the surgery...

I am filling in the form and apparently cos ive been on ESA for over 2yrs they check up on people whether it be DLA, IB or ESA....I wish I could put it down and be honest that I want to work when I am fully fit to do so but they just see that as being fit to work....I know full well how ATOS are so incompetent and so cold towards a whole range of people. Im getting advice this week and will just have to see what happens...

Elainexx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Glad you are getting help in filling out the form but its a shame you have to attend yet another another long winded medical'

I read yesterday about a chap who was told not to worry about filling out the form as it was sent by mistake then got sanctioned for not sending back the completed form.

All the best
    Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Elizabeth

Well when i first got form and it said about people on IB, DLA should only receive it and phoned up to see if should have had it sent to me...Was told I shouldnt have had it sent, but fill in anyway....
    I dont even think this time I will get a medical, think they will see TKR - cured!.....Also when made appointment for jobcentre got told "we dont help you fill in the form" and I replied "I am looking for advice as the answer to the questions isnt as black and white as yes or no answers, thanks"....

Will just see how i get on..

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    Glad you are getting help in filling out the form but its a shame you have to attend yet another another long winded medical'

I read yesterday about a chap who was told not to worry about filling out the form as it was sent by mistake then got sanctioned for not sending back the completed form.

All the best
    Elizabeth x