I'm an honorary member of the stomach protector club!

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 17. Dec 2012, 05:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have finally joined those of you who are already members. I'm not a fully paid up full time member but a part time one. Last Monday I thought I had a stomach bug as I couldn't stop being violently sick all day. It settled on Tuesday and returned with force during the night. Since there are three of us to worry about I went to see my lovely GP. My little twinkles have managed to combine their forces to create super acid reflux and as a result I have a month's supply of omeprazole and some industrial strength gaviscon (the stuff they use to cap,burning oil pipelines I think). It's working and my appetite has returned and my food is staying where it belongs. Nobody said it would be easy! I always felt lucky having missed out on the need for stomach protector drugs but I feel quite lucky my GP was so quick to prescribe them now! I did think these nine months would be a medication free zone but seemingly not.
Hope you are all well and stomach protectors across the arthritis world are working as well as they do in my pregnant world :D
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi LV, I'm pleased they're working for you. It's horrid when you have to have yet more meds, but I think the reflux must have been even more horrid.
    Hopefully when Bubble and Squeak are born you won't need the stomach protectors any more.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Glad they are working for you.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Welcome to the club, LV. I do hope, for your sake, that it's temporary membership but, while you're here just down the omeps and swig the gaviscon like a good 'un.

Soon, I imagine they'll be lying on your bladder and one of mine snuggled up on my sciatic nerve for the last month or so.

Then they decide to seek pastures new and the real hard work begins :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    LV, think of the happy outcome you're going to have as a result of this! Such a blessing.
    I hope you've got lots of willing hands able to help when they're born!
    Hey - what flavour gaviscon?
    I have acid reflux without being pregnant so am on stomach protectors now probably permanently. I reckon you're going to be a lovely new member of the SP Club!
    take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Aniseed!

Oh I so remember that stuff Gaviscon :D

large bottle by my bed - larger bottle downstairs and large bottle on desk at work :wink:

Long may it help Lignumvitae

love

Toni xxx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Aniseed, it has to be that one. I had the peppermint but morning sickness seems to have left me with a long term aversion to peppermint flavoured things. I'm hoping to just be a temporary member of the SP club but I have to say they work wonders. I'm getting the shot of gaviscon after a meal down to a fine art and if I ignore the texture I can almost believe, almost, that its a shot of ouzo!
    Thank you all for your lovely comments. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Aniseed, it has to be that one.down to a fine art and if I I can almost believe, almost, that its a shot of ouzo!
    Thank you all for your lovely comments. LV xx

Go you girl!!!

Sooooo worth it :D

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    if I ignore the texture I can almost believe, almost, that its a shot of ouzo!

:o Can I have some of yours, please? Mine tastes like stomach medicine. Or, do you have to be pregnant? If so, forget it :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi LV I love the My little twinkles... :D I do hope the acid settles down for you very soon...and dont forget we want regular updates on the little twinkles xx
    Love
    Barbara