Tocilizumab (roactemra) totally awsome Drug

Options
Dazztee
Dazztee Member Posts: 17
edited 13. Dec 2012, 16:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
after 7 mnths of being on steroids only my life has been gettin very difficult after losing my job etc in july ive never felt so low, the mtx i was on diagreed with my liver so i was left with steroids and painkillers, now monday 10th i had my first infusion of tocilizumab an today the 13th im feeling better already, stiffness is going in my legs, feet not so painful and my spine is heaps better, im having trouble sleeping but who cares , im thinking this stuff must be awsome, i hope it stays this way i know its early days but i really can feel something already

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I am on Tocilizumab too, have been since September. It has been the best one for me, it worked pretty quickly.

Wish the fatigue side would go away, but hey, you can't have everything.

Glad it is doing good for you.

Janie
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    That's really good news Dazz.

I have failed to improve with Humira and Rituximab
    and so Tocilizumab is the next step for me subject to my next blood results.

After 14 yrs of RA, 4 types of disease modifying drugs, two types of Anti-TNF's, oral steroids and steroid injections I am crossing my fingers as you can imagine.

Let us know how it goes won't you.

Kath
  • bevman
    bevman Member Posts: 107
    Options
    hi i am on Tocilizumab have been for six months now i have RA and have failed on ant TNF and had to come off meth i can honestly say that it has been the best thing.
    Laurence