Family downpour is now a tropical monsoon ...

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 21. Dec 2012, 06:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, my brother in law had tongue cancer at the beginning of this year - treated and hopefully beaten after drastic surgery and chemo, etc.
My Dad had a TKR in April, recovered from that well but was then diagnosed in August with lung cancer. Radiotherapy has shrunk the tumour but he's too frail to have any other treatment.
Now my sister (it was her husband who had the tongue cancer) looks like she's probably got pancreatic and/or liver cancer.
I'm beginning to know how the Queen felt the other year with her 'annus horriblus' ...

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Grace I AM so so sorry

Please accept these ((())) from me :(

we have two people on here fighting cancer ATM and l have a personal friend who is fighting breast cancer too.

I will think of you all

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    That's dreadful, Grace, for all of you.

It is, finally, good news about your brother-in-law and I hope that will give encouragement to your sister. I dohope 2013 is much better for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    That's good news about your brother-in-law but so sorry about your sister and your dad. I hope they can both have some treatment to help heal them. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Grace, how awful for you. I had a similar year in 2008 where every corner we turned something horrible happened. I hope that 2013 is a better year for you and your family.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    GraceB wrote:
    Well, my brother in law had tongue cancer at the beginning of this year - treated and hopefully beaten after drastic surgery and chemo, etc.
    My Dad had a TKR in April, recovered from that well but was then diagnosed in August with lung cancer. Radiotherapy has shrunk the tumour but he's too frail to have any other treatment.
    Now my sister (it was her husband who had the tongue cancer) looks like she's probably got pancreatic and/or liver cancer.
    I'm beginning to know how the Queen felt the other year with her 'annus horriblus' ...

GraceB

hi sorry to read this please pm me when she finds out what type it is i have fingers crossed that it is curable and nhl would be great as that what i have and they can cure good luck val
    val
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Blimey Grace, that truly is a horrible year. It never rains but it pours sometimes and all you can do is try to stand tall to weather the storms. I hope 2013 has some better and positive times for you all. Sending you a big hug and lots of love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Grace

Thats awful whats happened to your family this year...Can only send hugs and say feel for you and your family, nothing else would be appropriate..

Elainexx
    GraceB wrote:

GraceB
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    GraceB wrote:

GraceB

Grace so sorry to hear your news hopefully 2013 will be a better year ((((())))).........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hello Grace
    i'm so sorry i wish them all the best and a better 2013.
    ((((((((grace))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • GraceB
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone. I just cannot believe how wonderful everyone on here is when they know a Forum member is going through a tough patch.
    Val - once we know I will PM you. I am aware you are going through treatment yourself and just hope that my posting this hasn't brought back horrible memories for you. If I can do anything for you please PM me and I'll try to do my best for you.
    My sister had an endoscopy on Thursday where they put a stent into her bile duct (similar to a stent going into a heart muscle). This will hold this duct open and allow her bile/bilurubin to drain thereby removing the jaundice and making her feel better. We are hoping that the biopsies will be done this week.
    My sister has previously had breast and skin cancer, plus a 'just in case' hysterectomy. She lost her eldest daughter to ovarian cancer 6 years ago when her daughter was just 20 with a 10-month old baby.
    My biological mother died of breast cancer when I was 5 so I honestly think our family has had more than our fair share of this dreadful disease.
    Thanks again for all your help and support.
    GraceB
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm lost for words, Grace. You have all been through so much, especially your poor sister. However, standing by and watching and feeling helpless is almost as bad. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    You and your sister certainly have been through it. You have had more than your share. I hope you sister is starting to feel a little better now.
    Christine
  • valval
    Options
    just to let you know am sending positive thought your way to help you through the waiting time that is the pits to be honest knowing is better it all the worrying you do when not sure what it is that so hard val
    val
  • GraceB
    Options
    Val,
    Have PM'd you. Hope you're okay.
    Take care,
    GraceB
  • valval
    Options
    i am ok have sent reply and bucket of (((()))) will be thinking of you and your sister val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    HI Grace

Hoping all is going well for you and yours - I am thinking of you all

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Grace I went through something like this but many years ago...my mum dad and my youngest brother..and it was when the treatment wasn't what it is now....so I do hope that they all get the very best treatment and I will have everything crossed for them xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Thinking of you, GraceB. (())
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    Options
    just popped in to let you know i am still thinking of you ((())) val
    val