Update On Rheumy Appointment...

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 15. Dec 2012, 15:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Went to my rheumy appointment yesterday (again :lol: ) The bloods I had done in september showed a slight raise in 1 inflammatory marker and slight anemia so I have got to have repeat bloods at my gps on wednesday (hospital phlabotamists closed as it was a late appointment). He checked my hip and lower back (fully clothed including jeans?) again and he thinks I have bursititis in my right hip so he has made me an appointment to have a steroid injection :o . I showed him the bumps on my feet but he was not concerned at all, I did wonder how big these bumps and lumps that we get had to be before they did get concerned but then I remembered DD knee so that answered my question (massive). He did say that, as I am not presenting classic signs of arthritis, it could take years before we actually get a diagnosis and even after years some people never get one. Great. Oh I did mention my moving toes and they did dance a bit but it's worse at night and he said that that was something for the neurologist to sort out and as my gp was the one to make the referral then I need to chase him up about it. I go to my appointment for the injection and then I don't go back to rheumatologist until june but I have got his secrateries number if I need to see him before then.

Thanks for waiting so patiently in my pocket. Take care. Dee xxx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    if they think the lumps are oa they will not take notice of them they only interested in inflimation good luck hope sorted sooner rather than later val
    val
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Val....yes I know what you mean about if they are oa they will ignore them until they cause real problems which, at the moment, they are more irritating than problematic though, if the one on my big toe gets any bigger I suspect it will cause problems when walking so, fingers crossed, it stays as it is or goes away.

Hope you are keeping aswell as can be Val, take care Dee x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    tip if you get any swelling take pic as sods law it gone down when you see rhummy again val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think this was par for the course, Dee. As Val says, only rheumatic nodules will be of interest to a rheumatologist. Other lumps and bumps have to take care of themselves. I think it's a good point about getting your GP to chase up the neurology appt. Things will go slack over Christmas.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright