Anti tnf assessment

Options
claireml
claireml Member Posts: 5
edited 18. Dec 2012, 03:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi - I wondered if anyone could share their experience of their assessment for anti tnfs? I have my assessment next Thursday and am concerned that I will not meet the criteria. I am 38, had RA for 20 years and am currently on 25mg of mtx and 2000mg of sulpha as well as 10mg of prednisolone ( every month I am having to up prednisolone to 30mg for a couple of weeks due to flare ups). I have also just had a syvectomy of the knee just over 3 weeks ago.

Any info you can share would be great. Claire.

Comments

• Milly8
    Milly8 Member Posts: 114
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have psa and had to have two assessments  4 weeks apart .said I had to have at least 3 tender joints and three swollen joints and do bloods to check my crp and esr levels and answer a health questioner and all the points add up to your das score. was told on the first assessment that I had passed that one and if it was the same in 4 weeks time I would qualify for anti tnf drugs.which I did and I am now on humira and it has made big difference to my quality of life. when I went for my first test and it went ok I was then worried that would not pass the second test and scared if I did my head was all over the shop.
    I hope everything go's ok for you and you pass assessments .hope that helps a little bit but all hospitals are different in the way they do things.
           Bye for now 
                  Milly
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Options
    One thing I will add to Milly8's excellent explanation is the 'happiness score' - I'm a very positive person and always pretty smiley. It's better if you describe the impact arthritis is having on your day to day living which in my case was almost 100% given that it affects my work, social life, diet and hobbies. Also you are supposed to let the person doing the assessment know when things hurt rather than soldier on through - everything hurts on me but I didn't yell out which is what they are looking for.

I was worried sick too but was so fed up with the pain and disfigurement in my hands and feet that I was praying not to fail however scary the drugs are. Humira has made a massive difference and once I get over the anxiety attacks I have AND learn not to overdo things when I feel well I'm sure we will rub along nicely!

Good luck!

Nx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi claireml
    Sorry I cant offer any help, but I can offer my support, and wish you well , I do hope the assessment goes ok for you and...please let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara