Hi again

Options
Lolabilly
Lolabilly Member Posts: 41
edited 17. Dec 2012, 05:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
I registered ages ago under rockalola I think but couldn't remember my log in at all so registered!

I've just been diagnosed with post traumatic arthritis of the hip joint and il need a total hip replacement in 5 years time, I've been booked in for a MRI and a operation to see what soft tissue is being damaged. I'm 23 and have two small children so I'm upset in shock and frightened. The pain is getting worse each day and I just don't know what to do anymore, I've been lucky to get a great consultant but its still upsetting all the same :(

Comments

• ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello

Very sorry to hear about your situation and I understand why you're feeling as you are. But, amongst all the upset, you're able to sound positive about your Consultant and any positivity is good. This is a great forum for getting advice and support and also a "shoulder to cry on" when necessary.

Shula
  • Lolabilly
    Options
    Hello

Very sorry to hear about your situation and I understand why you're feeling as you are. But, amongst all the upset, you're able to sound positive about your Consultant and any positivity is good. This is a great forum for getting advice and support and also a "shoulder to cry on" when necessary.

Shula

Thank you Shula :)

Nicest guy ever tbh! I've had my fair share of horrible doctors and he seemed very on the ball :) I just feel exhausted upset and relieved a very bizarre feeling!
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome back
    This site can be a pain if you forget you name/log in :wink:
    So sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed so young....I know young people get arthritis but to be having a hip replacement in 5 years :shock:
    I {and lots of others} can answer questions about the hip replacement but to be so young anhd have a young family....not suire that I can help there.
    Sending lots of ((((()))))]
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Lolabilly
    Of course you are scared it is natural,and with two small children,but you have come to the right place for support.
    I haven't had my hips done yet, but will do in the near future, but there are many on here that have and are really pleased with the outcome.
    You stay with us it is so good talking to people that understand some of what you are going though xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    That's a tough deal, Lolabilly. Young children and arthritis are a difficult combination. I had my first TKRs when my two were 10 and 7. You will find different ways of doing things. Take any help on offer. Take the pain relief but talk to your GOP about it because, with young children about, you need to be alert all the time. You will cope and we will be here to help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Lolabilly
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind messages! Made me Blub abit! I've been up all night in agony! It flares up alot epesh after a muscoskeltal exam! It feels like my life is now on hold for the next five years :(, I'm sorry I'm being such a moaner I just feel devastated, it didn't help we lost my father in law to Alzheimer's this week either.

Thank you so much for reaching out to me! It means alot there's no one really I can talk to about it :( my mums in denial and my husband has enough on his plate without worrying about me either :(

Right il shut up moaning but thank you

Lottie
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Lottie you moan all you want pet that's what we are all hear for, you certainly have got a lot on your plate, we all know what you are going through and it helps to get things off your chest, I'm sure there will be a lot more of the hippies along soon with some advice for you...........tc..........Marie ((((()))))
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Lolabilly
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words :) it means alot to me :) xx