cervical spondylosis sleeping pillow?

Options
rulebritannia
rulebritannia Member Posts: 2
edited 17. Dec 2012, 14:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I have been sleeping with a memory foam pillow for years. But recently I've been having trouble owing to the pillow losing its memory so to speak. I sleep in various positions during the night. Can you recommend a possible replacement? I know everyone's different but still uk buying advice would be good so I can make an informed choice.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there. This is a question that comes up regularly and it really is an individual thing. I have RA and OA in my neck and shoulders and I take my memory foam pillow everywhere with me or risk a migraine-type headache, but others dislike them. If yours was good for you until it became old, why not just replace it with an identical one?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello and welcome
    I have tried quite a few pillows for my neck, but have yet to come across one that really does the job, its strange but at the min I am sleeping on a cheap bounce back one, and it isn't too bad.
    If you find one please let me know x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    I have the same problem as yourself I must have spent a small fortune on all types of pillow and everytime I moved had to readjust the pillows. The last time I bought a new bed I tried them so much I may have spent the night in the shop. Anyway on all the beds was the same pillow and I thought it seemed good, it cost about £50 which is a lot for me for a pillow but nearly one year on I still love this pillow and I don't seem to have to adjust it much either.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    I use a memory foam one too and it does flatten out :roll: I am on my third in about 3 years?? I got it from Du*helm and it cost about £20 it has a dip in teh middle so your neck is supported.

Love

Toni xxx