Tocilizumab Infusions from Humira, ....Assistance anyone???

Options
tamnwill
tamnwill Member Posts: 93
edited 18. Dec 2012, 09:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had first Tocilizumab infusion 2 weeks ago (3 weeks ago took last Humira jab) I know it can take up to 12 weeks to become effective (if it's going to work) but experiencing lots of swelling and pain in more areas (more than I thought were affected by RA)
but...
my energy levels have hugely improved and I was actually able to do more this week (which maybe why I hurt more).
I'm just a bit concerned that I feel this sore and it's only been 2 weeks after infusion.......what am I going to be like if it doesn't kick in till week 12 (as some suggest it may).
Just wondered if anyone having/had this particular therapy has experience they can impart please?
Cheers
Energy is eternal delight.
William Blake (1757-1827)

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello tamnwill
    And welcome to the forum
    I am sorry I cant help with any advice, but I do wish you well with the infusions, and hope you get lots of relief, you let us know how you get on with it x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I'm on humira (it's my third anti TNF) and in-between each one I've always had to have at least three months treatment-free. You are probably feeling tired and sore because you have over-done things, these meds do not restore our natural 'vitality' as such and we do have to be prudent with the new-found energy (if one is blessed enough to receive it, I'm still waiting :roll: ). It may be better to pace yourself a little more and I hope the new med helps. When is the next infusion due? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tamnwill
    tamnwill Member Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm due to take second infusion beginning of Jan
    x
    Energy is eternal delight.
    William Blake (1757-1827)

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
    Mark Twain
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    So not too long to wait then. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben