Crazy people

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 22. Dec 2012, 12:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
I don't know if anyone was listening to radio 4 last night around 8pm there was a short prog on the Myan end of days which is meant to happen on the 21st of this month.
I went to a science lecture and all it is, is their calender simply resets then there is no disater coming its typical US paranoia that's driving the stupidity.
On the program they talked to prepers, idiots who have tooled up and sold thier houses and gone of to live it the moutains to sit out the coming storm. they were talking to a group of numpties who were part of a new 300 home dooms day settlment who as I write this are ull up their polishing their 9mm semi auto hand guns and checking their survial bunkers have enough candles and food, its totally flippin stupid.
How can you take anyone seriously when they say there's a planet that's going to come into our solarsystem and upset the planets including the Earth and that's how it will all end, if it did there's nothing you can do as the Earth would be so badly effected no one would survive anyway, as the interviewer was talking to one of the residence up in camp stupid a 4X4 drove by with a sign on it saying Zombie attack defence team. What the!!!?.
anyone who actually thinks this could happen just because some flake said it would without looking at the facts should not be allowed to operate machinery let alone own a hand gun.
Now luckily I'm into astronomy and science and I can tell you all now there is no roaming rouge planet headed this way, nor is there an alien invasion or a death star out there,nor is there a comet or large planet killing asteroid headed this way, the 21st will be just like any other day, and we will all be here on the 22nd and so will they although they will look totally stupid by then. Americans don't ya just love em.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mell now I know what my GD was on about...tell you what they have put the fear of god in her, she is 11,and at that age I suppose.
    There are some very strange beings out there... must say I wouldn't like to go and live in the mountains next to them lot :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmm....... g030.gif

Sounds like you could be describing christianity............. e075.gif

No.....silly me...... a010.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    I've lost count of the number of times some idiot has proclaimed the world's gonna end in my 54 years so I don't reckon I'll be moving up into any mountains just yet! :roll:

Let's just enjoy Christmas eh!

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    The End of the World is Nigh :shock:

Hopefully not am pretty sure it's not anyway :wink:

Couple of days and it will all have not happened as you all say

Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Its not just Americans Mell. Thousands are expected to converge on a village in the Pyrenees, called Bugarach. Allegedly it will be the only place left standing after the Mayan apocalypse. One theory is that aliens will come out of the mountains and rescue the people. I'd be a bit scared going off into the mountain caves with Aliens- they might be like the Warlocks and eat you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    Well were all still here?, oh well there goes another dooms day cult prophecy out the flippin window he he!. :mrgreen:
  • tkachev
    Options
    They have even stated a time 11.11 so still got a few hours left.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well i am still here what about you all ?????? val
    val
  • tkachev
    Options
    yep still here Val :D

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    They have even stated a time 11.11 so still got a few hours left.

Elizabeth

flippin heck how precise of them pity they were totally wrong again, thing is early human populations faced real threats to their lives and this is the common thread that runs through many religon's and seems to still strike a primordial cored with many of us still today, if were not being scared half to death by religon, dooms day cults, and cranks who make wild prophecies then were looking at our own enviroment or into space for the unknow unseen killer that lurks behind the curtians of our own paranoia.
    when the reality is the enviroment is the main area of worry but again we seem to be locked into a cylce very much like that of an alcholic, we know the metaphorical drink is the problem but can't change our ways depsite all our atempts, what really gets my goat is "global warming", its the new age totem and a serious distraction from what really is the problem and that's there are simply to many humans humans about, the pro mass immigration multiculturalists are an arogant lot who think a growning global population is a really neat thing when it's the last thing we should be supporting, as it is we are consuming the Earths resources so fast we need an Earth 3.5 times bigger than we have.
    It's not rocket science to figure out we can't carry on yet many belive science will find a way out of the mess but it's a false God, the truth is you can't get a round peg into a square hole yet we think we can.
    If we don't cut numbers then mother Earth will do it for us, were also highly arogant and always think we have the cure when its us that is the problem, the global waming mantra is a classic case, they always say we have to save the planet which is a oxymoron, save the planet from what? well us, if the temperature goes up humans will start to die out and once we've gone the planet will get on with creating another Alpha species and the circle of life will carry on as before.
    And don't fall for the old eco green lobby mantra about the Venus comparison, it’s simply junk science, Venus is a similar size to the Earth and has a metal core but the big difference is Venus has no magnetic field so massive amounts of radiation get to the surface clouds and that why it’s a living hell it’s not because it had a runaway greenhouse effect from too much CO2 it simply has no magnetic shield to protect it so gets cooked.
    Right rant over!
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    thoughts on this;
    the mayans probably knocked up some calenders and thought , yeah 2012 that should be far ahead for now! and didnt get round to adding more years on!
    this got me thinking as a kid there used to be men with placards walking round the shops/towns saying the end is nigh, whereve they all gone?