A good day tomorrow !!!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 20. Dec 2012, 12:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Going for my pre-op tomorrow for my knee revision it's not untill February but the hospital want to do the pre ops now I think there is more than me going.Had a bit of an upset last week my husband who has diabetes suffered a really bad bleed in his good eye (diabetes causes this problem) so he has lost vision in his good eye his other eye he only has 30% vision it's been quite a problem but we are coping ok just got to wait to see how much vision he has lost when the bleeding is reabsorbed. The biggest problem he has is the injection he has to administer each day( I am getting quite good at it now.) We are a pair together there isn't a good one amongst us

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wendgro
    Aww I am sorry to here about your hubby,gosh life does throw everything at us at times...but hopefully his vision wont be too bad when it stops bleeding...I will have everything crossed for him.
    Then there is your pre op it wont be long till February I always find that January just disappears....hope the pre op goes well ....let us know how you get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    All the best for tomorrow, Wendgro. It makes i t feel as if things are strating to happen, doesn't it?

I'm so sorry about your husband, though. I know diabetes can affect the eyes. I hope there's not much lasting damage done.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wish you the very best for tomorrow, Wendgro, and please pass on my best wishes to your husband. Poor chap, that isn't good, is it? Take care the pair of you and please let us know how you get on. I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wendgro
    Options
    Well had my pre-op all was well just got to have one more blood test nearer the time. I did think it was a bit early to have the pre-op but --- they said if there is a cancellation and the pre-ops are done you will be called in earlier. So thats something to think about. No change in my husbands eyes so far just keep hoping things will get a bit better each day Wendy
  • barry2012
    barry2012 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    My pre op is on Feb 1st with knee replacement op on Feb 12th, wishing you all the best for your op and hope you can both enjoy a lovely Christmas. Barry.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Glad your pre-op went well,fingers crossed for your oh. Mig
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello Wendy
    i'm pleased the pre op went well. my tkr is now 10 years old
    and still going strong.
    good luck to your husband.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • wendgro
    Options
    I had my TKR 4yrs ago it was never quite right I then went back with it and was told the hip on the same leg should be done as it could be throwing the knee out of alignment. I had my THR( both are done now) in April this yr followed by 3mths of deep physio only to be told after more scans and xrays that the bearings in the knee had gone and that was causing all the probs and they don't use the inplant I had got any more.So this is where I am at the moment 2 THR and my 2nd TKR it's a good job there is nothing wrong with my other knee (yet) :o
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Options
    Glad to hear your pre assessment went well. I had mine last week and my op is in feb. as well for a revision (mines is only a year old)
    Give my regards to your hubby,hope he is ok x
    Love Eileen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm pleased to hear it went well for you, Wendgro, and the thinking about a cancellation does make sense. I hope your husband is feeling as OK as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sorry I missed this post :oops:
    I'm pleased it went well for you, and hope your husband's eyes improve very soon.
    Thinking of you both,
    Numpty