Fibro is kicking my behind - tips?

Options
merri
merri Member Posts: 190
edited 21. Dec 2012, 12:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
The medical team have started to ramp up treatment for the RA as it's not under control. The new meds have really started to get it under control but the newly diagnosed Fibro is really kicking my ar*e with the fatigue and brain fog, I can't get my brain to sharpen up.

Does anyone have any tips for managing the brain fog?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good news about the RA meds, merri, but I can't help on the fibro front as I don't have it. I do find that pain meds induce brain fog though so I keep them to a minimum.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • merri
    merri Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Good news about the RA meds, merri, but I can't help on the fibro front as I don't have it. I do find that pain meds induce brain fog though so I keep them to a minimum.

Thanks stickywicket, the irony is that I've reduced both Tramadol and Cocodamol, although am still on Butrans patches, and I was always pretty sharp. Now I'm on less, but the Fibro brain fog is kicking my behind instead :lol:
  • clairek
    clairek Member Posts: 6
    Options
    take a look on the Fibromyalgia Associations website. They have loads of hints and tips and a forum where you can ask other fibro suffers. Try to stay as patient as possible. It is awful. I found writing lists helped and being kind to myself but everyone is different. Good luck and hope you feel better soon
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hello

I also suffer from fibromyalgia and the fog lifts and descends whenever it wants to! I haven't found anything that will get rid of it but work on the basis of being kind to myself. Getting out in the fresh air often helps and doing things which lift the mood, such as listening to cheerful music. I know this is not particularly helpful but fibro is a difficult and variable condition.

Very best wishes, especially at Christmas
    Shula