Spasms/sharp shooting pain

Options
Lolabilly
Lolabilly Member Posts: 41
edited 20. Dec 2012, 16:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Tonight I was cooking tea and I suddenly got this sharp shooting pain in my hip it almost made me fall to the floor as it was so intense :( made me yell out in pain :( I'm suffering with post traumatic arthritis in my hip :( anyone can help or advise that would be lovely :)

Comments

• Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi!

Not stalking you, promise! (see other post) I describe the pains that I have as 'everyday pains' which is the dull thud and ache of inflamed joints etc. and every now and then I get 'pain max' where joints wont move and the pain will make me howl, seriously howl in pain! I have diazepam for that and I usually get it in my shoulders and hips - last time I had it in my hips it was on a hospital appointment day! I had a 9am one with new consultant and woke at around 2am with a locked hip and wondering how the hell I was going to get down to my allotment to let out my chickens and then catch a train to get to the hospital! I did it and it turned out to be a good thing as he sent me for an x-ray and I have bonespurs in my hips - I also purchased a walking stick on the way home...

Luckily the pain I get lasts a few days and then goes - if it was like that all the time on top of the RA pain and the OA pain I have in my feet then I would have trouble keeping going TBH as it is hellish!

Nx
  • Lolabilly
    Options
    Nicchick wrote:
    Hi!

Not stalking you, promise! (see other post) I describe the pains that I have as 'everyday pains' which is the dull thud and ache of inflamed joints etc. and every now and then I get 'pain max' where joints wont move and the pain will make me howl, seriously howl in pain! I have diazepam for that and I usually get it in my shoulders and hips - last time I had it in my hips it was on a hospital appointment day! I had a 9am one with new consultant and woke at around 2am with a locked hip and wondering how the hell I was going to get down to my allotment to let out my chickens and then catch a train to get to the hospital! I did it and it turned out to be a good thing as he sent me for an x-ray and I have bonespurs in my hips - I also purchased a walking stick on the way home...

Luckily the pain I get lasts a few days and then goes - if it was like that all the time on top of the RA pain and the OA pain I have in my feet then I would have trouble keeping going TBH as it is hellish!

Nx

I'm exactly the same it's a full aching thud that just grinds away for me too :( I'm going to the docs tomo to get some proper pain relief! Thank you for sharing it just scared the living day lights out of me it's worse than child birth! It's calmed down now but my back aches where I must have tensed it through pain! Thank you again

Lola x
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Options
    I did nearly post that it is that sort of pain! Also like burst appendix pain - you have to 'yowl' it out!

Don't know if I have helped at all but I have a repeat script for diazepam so I always have it to hand but probably only take 21 tablets throughout a year. I recognise the pain so clearly!

x
  • Lolabilly
    Options
    Nicchick wrote:
    I did nearly post that it is that sort of pain! Also like burst appendix pain - you have to 'yowl' it out!

Don't know if I have helped at all but I have a repeat script for diazepam so I always have it to hand but probably only take 21 tablets throughout a year. I recognise the pain so clearly!

x

Il add that to my list to discuss :) no you have helped lots! I'm just glad it's stopped for the time being! I've never had it before hence the post it's just been the normal ache and pain for ages not this yowl pain if that makes any sense!

Lola
    X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It could be to do with the way you were standing or maybe you twisted awkwardly? We do things as we usually do and sometimes our bodies let us know that those things need some adjustment. I now routinely cook, iron and wash up sitting down (alternating with a little standing) and that eases the strain on the poorly joints. Take care and I hope that nasty twinge stays away now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    This is what hips do Im afraid, mine doesn't give me any warning...I never go out without my stick.I do find after I get secondary pain in my legs especially the shins.
    I do hope the pain has eased for you, if not try and rest it.
    Take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Lolabilly
    Options
    Hiya dd and Barbara,

It did stop eventually but my back was agony all night! Managed the school run and Xmas food shop on co codamol so it's been better today :) thank you for commenting on my post! I'm so tired today though :( I guess that comes with the territory though?! Hope you are both ok :)

Lola

X