medication review

Options
gilly1957
gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
edited 21. Dec 2012, 04:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have just had a medicine review with a pharmacist at my GP surgery.

I went to collect my prescription and the one for my diclofenic hadn't been done as GP had requested review.

He wants to take me off diclofenic because he said it can cause heart problems and kidney problems wasn't told this when I was put on it, and a blood test done on my kidneys just over a year ago showed my kidney function was down, hadn't been told this either.

I have to go and see him again in a months time, he has started me on Omeprazole and will put me on Naproxin and stop diclofenic in a months time. He has also put me on paracetamol 4 times a day, to take with my tramadol.

I found this visit quite reassuring and interesting and he had a lot of time to talk and explain things about different medication.

Thought I rattled before and now got more medication :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I agree, Gilly1957. I’d be pleased with a GP who is taking such good care. They can’t discuss every potential side-effect of every med we start to take in advance. I’m not at all sure it would be a good thing anyway as most of them are only potential side-effects. The good thing is that he’s noticed that your kidney function is down and therefore you’d be better off with a different med. Good. The omep protects against the stomach problems that any anti-inflammatory can cause. I hope the new regime helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds very thorough and I am glad you were given the time to go through everything with the pharmacist. I hope the new meds help and that you get on with them OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben