hi

Options
charlie92
charlie92 Member Posts: 3
edited 24. Dec 2012, 10:52 in Say Hello Archive
just wanted to say hello and introduce myself i was diagnosed with juvinile arthiritis when i was 3 so i have grown up with it and manage to get on with it fine. i was also diagnosed with crohns disease when i was 16 and would like to know if anyone else has both of the conditions.
charlie :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Charlie92 and welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you're quite used to arthritis at a young age. I'm sorry about that. I waited until I was 15 to get it but I'm way beyond that now :wink:

From what I've read on here, it seems not uncommon for people to have Crohns with one of the auto-immune forms of arthritis. However, I think you'll have more luck in finding them if you post on the Living With Arthritis forum. Unfortunately, things are pretty quiet on here in the run-up to Christmas so don't be discouraged if you get few replies. Just try again when all the Christmas hoo-haa has died down.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello from me too, Charlie92. :) As Sticky said things are pretty quiet on here at the moment but the combination of arthritis and Crohn's is not unknown. Please keep in touch and hopefully those with the knowledge that might help you will be around soon. I hope you have a good Christmas etc and keep as well as you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Charlie sorry I am late seeing this, like the others have said crohnes Isn't uncommon with arthuritis...I am glad you have joined us there is lots of information and support on here,so hopefully you wiill stay with us.
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara