ESA

Options
Karen293
Karen293 Member Posts: 20
edited 22. Dec 2012, 14:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

Back in October I received the dreaded ESA form. Finally today I received the phone call to tell me I got the support part and without an assessment!!! I have been worried sick everyday. Just so happy that I can now enjoy Christmas and concentrate all my energy on coping without the worry of money.

Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone from back in October who sent their support. I would suggest to anyone having to complete a ESA form to check out the information I was sent and spend a lot of time making answers as full as possible. Also take the time to include photos of aids, repeat presciption details, and testimonals from people who no you well. As well as anything else you think may be useful. My doctor or hospital consultant had to be contacted by ATOS directly as that was their policy.

I was sent an attachment from 'Benefits and Work guides' site for ESA that tells you everything you need to know with help on how to full out the form and attending the assessment. If you can't find it I am happy to email you the attachment if you contact me.

I hope this information may help someone else out there.

Karen

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am pleased that it's come through for you - what good timing indeed! Have a good Christmas. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi Karen

So pleased to hear about this. I sent off my appeal this week so hoping I've given them enough evidence.

Happy Christmas to you
    Shula
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Karen

Very pleased to hear your good news, I just had my assessment last week and may not know till after new year, gut feeling is I will have to appeal, it's nice to see some people are successful first go...........I'm sure you will have the best xmas without that hanging over your head, hope you have a lovely time...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles