help with DAS score please

jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 23. Dec 2012, 09:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone , hope you are all sorted for christmas and not in to much pain .

I wondered if someone could help with DAS score please, I went to the clinic a couple of weeks ago and got the letter from them today . There is a DAS score on it and i havent a clue what it means . Thanks for any help you can give . .....jilly x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm not sure about this, jilly, my brain is a mush today. I don't usually advise asking Mr Google questions but this may be one that he could answer. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Hi!

It stands for disease activity score and measures ho active your arthritis is. I can't remember what the normal level is but mine is about the same as yours and that qualified me for biologics. They count tender joints, swollen joints, your wellbeing or happiness score and do some calculations with CRP levels.

Nic x
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    thanks DD and nic , I understand now, I did go on the net and ask the question and as you say nick it is a score for arthritis . Not quite sure where i fit into the score but i am going to ask when i see her in the new year . thanks again .....jillyx
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Disease Activity Score. We don't seem to be given ours in our area - maybe it's not a national policy to use them - but you can find out more about how high the DAS has to be in order to qualify for anti-tnf drugs by looking at NRAS. I believe it has to be 5.4 or something? and it includes your ESR/ CRP levels and how many joints are swollen and tender. Hope this helps. Mat :)
    If you get lemons, make lemonade