Alcohol Reaction and Merry Christmas to all!

sunnyhours
sunnyhours Member Posts: 151
edited 26. Dec 2012, 08:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone! I've recently missed work due to a weird event. I went out and had a couple of drinks, nothing major. A couple of beers and drinks that was it.
When I woke up in the morning, my knees were red hot and I felt like someone put my knees in a vice.

I don't drink often but this was weird. Anybody's been through something like this with alcohol? Btw it wasn't a hangover.
Every time I drink alcohol it does that to me. I've read it might be gout, but Im unsure what kind of pain that would be.

Anyways, I'm still alive ;P
Merry Christmas to all :)

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Merry Crimbo!

I'm not sure which type of arthur you have but I've heard alcohol can definitley flare up the inflammatory type.

If you can tolerate it, ice is good for red and hot swelling.

x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Sunnyhours!

A very Merry Chistmas to you too :D

g130.gif

Well-worth letting your doctor know next time you visit l should think. Personally it's not happened to me, though hopefully someone else has experience and will be along soon.

I think we are all full of Christmas dinner :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think you've answered your own question, Sunnyhours. If this has happened before then obviously alcohol is a trigger for your symptoms. It could also be that while you are out you are either spending too long standing or too long sitting - both of those upset my joints. I hope you had a good Christmas despite the hurty joints. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I'm with DD on this, as for gout youll know when you have its a terrible pain not unlike the pain from RA and PA. as DD says is it the booz or standing or even waliking from pub to pub. You could have a good time finding out. Waith till your feeling better then sit in the chair and have a skin full if your bad the next day its the booze if not repeat at least once a week.
    Take care
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE