ILL CHRISTMAS

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 30. Dec 2012, 05:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone Ive been away for sooo long. It is nice to see familiar names still on here and so many new ones. I hope you all had a good Christmas.
The run up to Christmas i have been depressed and was not enjoying anything. I have not written any poetry or attended my writing group or read any Novell since September. My tablets for depression got put up to 30mg.
I put off getting any presents late writing cards because i was not in the mood quite emotionless. I did get everything went through the motions anyway. I should have attended my consultant appointment in September forgot that. The next is in march. I have had a sprained wrist feeling and i carried on as usual. I noticed over the next month my joints my feet in particular was painful. All my shoes hurt. I decided to wait until i had money to get some new ones. I noticed my hands numb sometimes. I was due for a blood test the usual on Wednesday 19th December. I had been experiencing headaches, numbness in hands and the slight spaced out feeling when i turned my head and lightheaded feeling a day before. I had decided to ask if i could put my appointment forward when i went for blood test. I was feeling dizzy i knew i had a water infection coming so booked a gp appointment for afternoon.
I had blood took and went up to the desk i explained my problems and i feel unwell and asked to sit down while the lady checked her computer for a date. The lady went away for ten minuets explaining on return she explained my consultant was not in that day but she could get me in to see someone else. or come back next day. I chose next day. My nurse came to me and i told her what was wrong. she checked i was ok with comeing back next day and asked what i was going to do and how i would get home. I said i would stay around the hospital in the cafe and get a taxi. She was concerned as i was dizzy. I went home in a taxi which i had arrived in also. Went home and slept then got up to get a taxi there and back to doctors where i was given antibiotics for water infection. This doctor was a new one.
My hospital appointment came next day and i have been booked for and mri scan and nerve tests. they may have to increase my arthritis tablets and lower my bloods down further as i am on lethudamide or arva. and the drug can raise the blood presure. All this to come after Christmas. On Friday night my son got the vomiting virus. I became ill next day vomiting diarrhea high low temperatures aches and pains and i fainted a few times. Christmas eve my daughter and husband got it. My son was better that day I still had it. My Christmas day was spent in bed ill. we canceled plans. The xmas prissies and cards all undelivered. I have only started eating again today. My hubbies recovering and my children are completely better.
One good thing im reading a novel my first in a long time. :D
from suncatcher
Joanne

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Suncatcher, what a terrible time you are having. Hopefully, everyone is recovering now. I hope all your appointments go well and they find what is wrong. Take care.
    Christine
  • Mumof1
    Mumof1 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    What a hard time, no wonder you didn't feel like getting in the christmas mood, I hope that you feel better soon x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Suncatcher
    it's nice to see you again i'm sorry you've been so ill i hope
    you will soon be feeling better.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hello Suncatcher. Sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time and do hope you will be feeling better soon. Beryl
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aw I was wondering how you were going on...I always notice when people go missing...depression is an awful thing....but I know you will keep on fighting because I know you of old.....I do think that Christmas can be so hard...with depression and without...so you did well there ...then this blinking virus...my son and two GDs got it just before Christmas....please dont forget we are always here with support...like you always was for us.
    It will have done you good to get it all out....I always say that talking is good for the soul...hope you soon feel much better ...and you can pm me anytime ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    i was thinking about you a few days ago as I've noticed you were missing. i've posted on your other thread.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I did not realize id posted twice. Thanks for all the replies. The trouble with depression you stop doing the usual things that made you happy. This forum being one and veer off concentrating on the negative things the positive things are just lost in a fog. The illness has left me reflective and i have a lot of new years resolutions. Thanks for the support last year. I think one resolution is to check in with you all this year. You are all wonderful from joanne
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Joanne!!!

How lovely to see you posting, but what an awful time you have had of it!!!

This is not 'our' Joanne at all no books no garden and no painting/poetry? :shock: Mind you with the time you have had I dont think I would have felt up to it either :?

DEpression is insidious isn't it? I am so glad you are getting on top of it now - that is clear to me and your resolution to check in here is a good one. I for one have missed you and your poetry.

I have one more resolution for you....a meet-up your way in the new year for us??

Lots of love and hugs from me

Toni xxx